FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
Sorry, I'm stupid. What does this do for the car and what size motor?
Hi ffj. I believe the OP is actually discussing removing the "Air Intake Resonator", but the language translation is a bit off. Take a look here for more information: Ford Fusion intake resonator - Google Search

There are even a few threads right here on the Ford Fusion Club which are contained in the Google results above.

Essentially, the short story would be don't do it.

Good luck.

EDITED: I seem to have been the one with the language barrier. ;)
The OP actually was discussing a "sound symposer" delete. Not the resonator delete.

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
why not? it just puts extra engine sound into the cabin.. i removed mine last week.. and nice and quite in the cabin.. and no harm to the engine or power
Hi alfaromeoguy. The links I provided explain why it would be better not to.

But we are all free to do with our cars as we like.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
after 1 week installed,, the engine feels much smoother, and power onset is smoother also.. the turbo is more linear build up
Hi alfaromeoguy. It is only a part of a sound synthesizer. It may be quieter inside without it, since it essentially eliminates the synthesized engine sounds. However, blocking/capping it does nothing for engine smoothness, power, performance, turbo performance etc. etc.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,112 Posts
perhaps.. but my freinds whom have drivin the car also feel the same way.. anyway.. i am going back to my ecotec conversion into my 84 spider
Hi alfaromeoguy. I feel my car always runs, rides and feels better right after I wash it. And even better when I fully wash, wax and detail it. It feels great, but I know it is just a feeling.

Good luck with your 84 Spider!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.