FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
home depot white abs plugs you need to of them,, remove symposer.... best to remove the hole intake manifold from boot pipe... remove the symposer.. the spring clip will be stuck to the rubber hose.. thats why best to remove it from the car... clean the are.. and T now, while its out of the car.. check for carbon on the valves.mine had almost none.. drop the abs plug into the hose were the symposer was.. clamp it off.. hose clamp is the best.. take hose from the firewall cut it to 3/ 4 inchs.. tap the other abs plug into it... put hose back on firewall..done,, you just saves between 45 and 75 $ happy now?
Packing materials Shipping box Health care Material property Box
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Carbon

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
Sorry, I'm stupid. What does this do for the car and what size motor?
Hi ffj. I believe the OP is actually discussing removing the "Air Intake Resonator", but the language translation is a bit off. Take a look here for more information: Ford Fusion intake resonator - Google Search

There are even a few threads right here on the Ford Fusion Club which are contained in the Google results above.

Essentially, the short story would be don't do it.

Good luck.

EDITED: I seem to have been the one with the language barrier. ;)
The OP actually was discussing a "sound symposer" delete. Not the resonator delete.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ffj. I believe the OP is actually discussing removing the "Air Intake Resonator", but the language translation is a bit off. Take a look here for more information: Ford Fusion intake resonator - Google Search

There are even a few threads right here on the Ford Fusion Club which are contained in the Google results above.

Essentially, the short story would be don't do it.

Good luck.
why not? it just puts extra engine sound into the cabin.. i removed mine last week.. and nice and quite in the cabin.. and no harm to the engine or power

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
why not? it just puts extra engine sound into the cabin.. i removed mine last week.. and nice and quite in the cabin.. and no harm to the engine or power
Hi alfaromeoguy. The links I provided explain why it would be better not to.

But we are all free to do with our cars as we like.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
after 1 week installed,, the engine feels much smoother, and power onset is smoother also.. the turbo is more linear build up
Hi alfaromeoguy. It is only a part of a sound synthesizer. It may be quieter inside without it, since it essentially eliminates the synthesized engine sounds. However, blocking/capping it does nothing for engine smoothness, power, performance, turbo performance etc. etc.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,151 Posts
perhaps.. but my freinds whom have drivin the car also feel the same way.. anyway.. i am going back to my ecotec conversion into my 84 spider
Hi alfaromeoguy. I feel my car always runs, rides and feels better right after I wash it. And even better when I fully wash, wax and detail it. It feels great, but I know it is just a feeling.

Good luck with your 84 Spider!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.