FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been getting a lot of nice compliments from the passengers that have been along for a ride in my 07 SEL AWD w/ Leather, etc.

Anyone have any similar comments from passengers?

Here are a few memorable comments,
-"This rides like a Cadillac"
-"Wow, this is a Ford?"
- "Rides smoother than my BMW"
- AWD? "You got all this for how much????????"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Best one yet
my friend drives only BMWs he had or has 3 series, Z3, Z4, and now 2005 530i (MSRP 52k) . He drove my zephyr with suspension upgrades. comments:

nice looking car outside and in.
I really like the steering wheel
really high quality interior materials; nice leather, wood grain, etc
wow drives good, good pick up. very queit.
handles better than my 5 series.

You sure this car is only 35K new???

·
Registered
910 Posts
My passengers:

Good: Quiet, smooth ride, good handling and steering wheel feel, love the looks. They were all totally blown away by how roomy and comfy it was compared to their Japanese cars (subaru for instance) my aunt owns a v6 mustang and her favorite feature was the heated seats (shes 50)
My cousin was fond of the new car smell (he owns a used mach 1) commented on how expensive and fancy my seats must be and asked how many cows died to do the interior! :lol:

Negatives: Wide turning circle, rear visibility.

Overall they like my car and so do I

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=68746.msg1191329#msg1191329 date=1170819466]

Negatives: Wide turning circle, rear visibility.

[/quote]

Amen to that. Those are definite negatives. Quite noticeable ones at that. Boz

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here are my girlfriend's comments:
- I'm cold, turn up the heat (its already on 72 at that point and I'm boiling)
- I'm hot, turn on the AC (when gas is $3.50 a gallon.... nooooo way)
- Why do you have to drive like that?
- That guy cut you off, beep at him.
- I dont like this music, im changinh the station
- Turn the radio down when I'm talking to you

:klavergreg:

·
Registered
195 Posts
:D When I first bought my Fusion... I have a soccer Dad/friend that drives an Audi A4. This guy has owned Audi for years and pretty much will only drive Euro sedans/SUV's. His comments..

1. Quiet
2. Rides nicely
3. you can see a touch of Audi interior in here
4. Styling is classy and sporty
5. Not like Ford to build a car like this

I know he would never buy a Ford product. But I could see he was impressed Ford built this car..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=Scape2 link=topic=68746.msg1198669#msg1198669 date=1171079709]
:D When I first bought my Fusion... I have a soccer Dad/friend that drives an Audi A4. This guy has owned Audi for years and pretty much will only drive Euro sedans/SUV's. His comments..

1. Quiet
2. Rides nicely
3. you can see a touch of Audi interior in here
4. Styling is classy and sporty
5. Not like Ford to build a car like this

I know he would never buy a Ford product. But I could see he was impressed Ford built this car..
[/quote]

I'd be happy to add some Audi style to the Fusion by adding the shark fin antenna on the roof instead of the "remote controlled car" antenna Ford put on our roofs.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Amen on the antenna. Definitely not one of FoMoCo's better ideas. Maybe they will change this on the '08s or '09s and it will be a retro fit. We can only hope.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't mind the antenna I kinda like it. Audi may not use it but VW does (and they own audi) so maybe lincoln will get the shark fin :p

I'd rather the turning radius and visibility be improved, parking lots are a pain in the ass in this car!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=urnews link=topic=68746.msg1199180#msg1199180 date=1171124232]
Amen on the antenna. Definitely not one of FoMoCo's better ideas. Maybe they will change this on the '08s or '09s and it will be a retro fit. We can only hope.
[/quote]

I hear ya Boz but it won't do us 07 owners any good lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a woman sit in the back seat and told me this was just as comfortable as her Town Car, and had more rear seat leg room. This car is one of Ford's better ideas! Why oh why are we building them in Mexico???

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=kivfusion link=topic=68746.msg1200331#msg1200331 date=1171172914]
[quote author=urnews link=topic=68746.msg1199180#msg1199180 date=1171124232]
[/quote]

I hear ya Boz but it won't do us 07 owners any good lol.
[/quote]
Kiv, I'm hoping the 2008 Fusion will have a functional shark fin that will perfectly fit a 2007. I would definitely buy it. The mast is OK but the fin would be so much better looking. Boz

·
Registered
910 Posts
We build them in mexico cause its cheaper. It would be nice if the fusion were 100% american and built here. Right now its just 60% and built in mexico. Doesn't bother me much though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I haven't had many people in the back, But I have been told how good the transmission and engine work together to be really smooth.
My 06 fusion has no visible antenna, is that because the antenna is in the rear window?

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=68746.msg1293347#msg1293347 date=1174966875]
My 06 fusion has no visible antenna, is that because the antenna is in the rear window?
[/quote]
Yup, the '06s have the antenna built into the rear window, a plus in my book. The antenna mast on the '07s looks kinda cheesy in my book.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have had passengers in all outboard positions. All have commented on how comfortable the seats are. Particularily the front passenger. Ford put decent thigh support in the bottom cushion with a nice angle and has raised the seat which makes it very comfortable. Wife drove me (I was drunk) home last night, 30 minute drive on paved back roads, and I kept thinking to myself how comfy that seat was. Great Job.

Chief

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yea, the first time I was in the passenger seat I was somewhat drunk and kept watching her driving telling her how to drive lol. Put i didn't do that to much as my brother was in the back seat and we kept semi-yelling at each other. Well I don't remember how good the seat was, I know it wasn't bad.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Riding in the backseat after a few beers, it definitely has nice rear seat legroom and a nice ride.

There seems to be a drunken trend among Fusion owners. Maybe Ford needs to team up with Budweiser or Miller or Coors/Molson for some good commercials.

"When you're toasted, your Fusion/Milan/MKZ will get you back from the jail in comfort and style!"

"Right now its just 60% and built in mexico."

65% on the I-4s (Mazda Japan AT/MT, Mexico engine). Higher on the V-6 since the engine is built in Cleveland.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow I thought the V6 engines were built in mexico? Cleveland eh? Thats cool. So what percentage is V6 built in US 60 or 65 or..? either way it could be less american than that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts