FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, last night i went to a bar, and managed to buy a few drinks for this really hot chiick. we talked a lot together and i could feel that she really liked me. it was really great, all her interests were very similar to mine. we talked about our pets and stuff, favorite sports and activities, and when i told her about my prince albert she got really excited. so after some late night tapas and a movie, i was ready to take her home and we were both really excited. it was really great feeling. but as i approached my black fusion SEL, she suddenly gasped and fell silent. i ask her whats wrong but at first she wouldnt say. after a couple minutes, she slowly said "Sorry, I don't date ricers... I need to go.. bye" So now i am back lonely in my room because of my stupid black fusion SEL.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So what you're saying is that after you kicked your "game" that this chick was holding on to one last hope that your vehicle would make up for you personality?

Next time your mom comes to pick you, have her leave the car and wait down the street.

Not that I'm a player or anything, but I know having your mom there is a turn-off.

Stop being a tool or go away.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, the car ended the date. Here are my thoughts:

1.) If you think it's the car's fault she left you, you need some help.

2.) If you are interested and actually are giving a fuck about a girl that says "I don't date ricers", you need help.

3.) If you would even consider being with a person of such low self-esteem such as her, you need help.

Consider yourself better off that you DIDN'T bring her home.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ok - So you're not the guy that feel asleep while eating. I think I have figured it out... This must be you, and you talk to babes on the internet all day long.

·
Registered
610 Posts
He doesn't actually own a Fusion - I think he is just trying to flush out shadowfall for another round of the infamous "Milan vs Fusion" debate. Pretty immature and senseless post IMHO. I don't care who loves or hates any particular car, mine included, but this topic is just silly on a fordFUSIONclub website. It is like the punks who visit the Mustang forums, the ones who don't even own a Mustang, and put up posts that they hate it. Strange indeed, to hate a piece of metal with 4 wheels. If you hate the Fusion so much, then start a FordFusionSucks website or something similar to promote your disdain for its rear taillight treatment. Otherwise, just chill out and relax and keep the topics clean and relevant.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That the great thing about the forums, for every five posters you seem to get one tool. I guess we found our tool...

·
Registered
60 Posts
There really should be a rule that states you must be at least 16 to join this forum ;-)  Maybe we should tell on him ... ooh I bet his mother would be angry to know he's on the Internet past 8PM !

Seriously, I don't want to sink to his level...if we just ignore his posts he'll move to a forum more appriate for his maturity --fisherprice.com

I tried writing something about effective communications to him a few weeks ago and I don't think he understood a word.

And Niner, just to come back on two of your great arguments ...

Driving at 9 and 3 makes no sense ... the wheel is way too jerky and it is difficult to maneuvre (hand over hand) rapidly if there is an emergency.

110 mph is not as safe as 70mph ... I just did a 1200km trip (doing the return portion tomorrow) and I brough the car up to 100mph a couple of times.  While I was on a well maintained freeway, there is no way in hell that you could argue I was even as safe as at 60 or 70mph --bumps, grooves, debris, wind ... all make the car unstable !

I guess you're not there yet in your driving lessons ;-)

Cheers !

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
driving at 9 and 3 is way safer and way more control.

you should go back to driving school.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the reference. I looked it up and it lead me to a seach binge on Google. We should perhaps move this disucsion to a new a topic.

In sum, you can find pros and cons for each driving position. While 9*3 and even 8*4 are seemingly safer in crashses, 10 and 2 may help you prevent a crash because you can be much more reactive. The 9 and 3 is great for race car drivers as your article points out because it lets you feel all the jerks but it makes for an uncomfortable ride for your passengers. Driving at 9 and 3 won't easily allow you to turn your wheel using hte hand over hand technique.

Heck, I'm defending 10 and 2 but I usually drive with one at the top or the bottom of the wheel !

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/ar...ing-myths-and-mistakes/steering-wheel-use.htm

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=ppdiaporama link=topic=45991.msg719468#msg719468 date=1147572570]
Thanks for the reference.  I looked it up and it lead me to a seach binge on Google.  We should perhaps move this disucsion to a new a topic.

In sum, you can find pros and cons for each driving position.  While 9*3 and even 8*4 are seemingly safer in crashses, 10 and 2 may help you prevent a crash because you can be much more reactive.  The 9 and 3 is great for race car drivers as your article points out because it lets you feel all the jerks but it makes for an uncomfortable ride for your passengers.  Driving at 9 and 3 won't easily allow you to turn your wheel using hte hand over hand technique.

Heck, I'm defending 10 and 2 but I usually drive with one at the top or the bottom of the wheel !

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/ar...ing-myths-and-mistakes/steering-wheel-use.htm
[/quote]

what are you are talking about. motion with 10 and 2 is much more constrained so you can't react to emergencies that well. 9 and 3 is much better.

and you are driving a fusion, not some GM car. i doubt you need to turn the wheel that much with the quick 16:1 steering ratio

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your article talks about 8-4 which is almost as lame as 10-2

you should try 9-3 for a while, you'll realize you'll have way better control in all situations.

i do 9-3 and when i try 10-2 the control completely sucks.

one at the top or at the bottom sucks even more. if you are driving with one hand, it should be with your left hand at the 9 o clock position. either that or stick a little knob on your steering wheel. but i dont think today's power steering requires that.

also, if you are finding 9-3 uncomfortable, you should sit far away enough from the steering wheel so your elbows form about 120 degrees, and you can draw a circle with your hand around the steering wheel without feeling cramped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts