FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was another post on this question. But it got hijacked. Has anyone come up with a nice replacement for the auto shift knob in these cars? I am not fond of the cylinder style ones. Something along the lines of another "T" or a standard "manual style". The one in the Ford Freestyle would be great. But I am not sure if it works and I an sure it would cost more than it is worth.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I know someone upgraded to the MKZ knob. It's a bit pricey from what I remember.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... $180.00. I was looking for something $50.00 or less. I see lots of items out there some nice some not. I just do not know if they will work with the side button shifters that we have. I kind of liked this one

http://www.obbnmotorworks.com/html/ichibahn_shift_knobs_2.html
But it says "top button shifters" I am not sure what the difference would be.

or this
http://www.bestpriceautoaccessories...BLACK_LEATHER_LOOK_TOP_BUTTON_AUTO_KNOB-.html

or this..the best of the lot. I think that is the button on top.. a little more money.
http://www.bestpriceautoaccessories...ob-ALUMINUM_LOOK_GREY_LEATHER_AUTO_KNOB-.html

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you were able to install the Momo knob? I looked at that for a long time, but it stated that is was not for side button shifters. I was able to purchase a Zepher knob for $20.00 and went with that. Were there any tricks to installing the Momo knob? Thanks, eiching1

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, nothing special. As you probably noticed when you removed the stock shift knob, there is a plastic piece inside the metal tube that needs to be pushed down for us to change gears. So when I installed the new knob, I made sure that when I push on the button, it activates that mecanism.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't mind a leather-wrapped automatic shifter knob. I don't really like the material used because I tend to rest my elbow on the center console and my hand on the shifter. The stock material seems to make my hand a bit clammy, or exacerbates the natural clamminess of my hand.

Maybe I need a terrycloth-wrapped shift knob. :wink:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
[quote author=DustMagnet link=topic=67700.msg2248263#msg2248263 date=1208723163]
I wouldn't mind a leather-wrapped automatic shifter knob. I don't really like the material used because I tend to rest my elbow on the center console and my hand on the shifter. The stock material seems to make my hand a bit clammy, or exacerbates the natural clamminess of my hand.

Maybe I need a terrycloth-wrapped shift knob. :wink:
[/quote]

LOL

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=huntersteve61 link=topic=67700.msg2248132#msg2248132 date=1208716046]
I know this thread is old but could you please post a picture of your zepher knob? I dunno what it looks like. Thanks
[/quote]
You got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
I really like those satin finish trim pieces on the Milan. Much nicer than the brushed alum pieces on the SAP Fusion.

Knob looks nice too.

·
Registered
465 Posts
looks like my knob with a nicer center piece.... humm maybe should upgrade... I love the ones on the explorers and the edge... those would look badass in my fusion

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is basically the same knob style. But it is leather with silver center piece.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here is a pic of the zephyr one in mine(with SAP).I got it for free.The one in my wifes car broke and the dealer replaced it with this one.I t didn't match her interior that well so I put it in mine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[quote author=WIFL link=topic=67700.msg2251222#msg2251222 date=1208812829]
I would like a write up on this, on the top mounted one and other side button one. Thanks
[/quote]

:bump:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine went on really easy.There is a chrome piece at the bottom of the handle you pry it down and it reveals 2 screws.Loosen them up remove the old handle then put the new one on and tighten it up.Then pull the chrome piece up and it snaps back in place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
One person reported that the Edge lever fits, unfortuneatly, it got pooched when the site was compromised.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts