FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a fusion but only one key I have got a blank key and remote. Programed remote in under a min. My problem is getting a chipped key they want £124 which is silly money on interent a guy does it for chipe £8 clone £15 but I would have to send key and if its lost I am stuffed and couldnt move car for 2 day. Any other cheap way to do it?

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
202 Posts
Can't you find a local locksmith or even a hardware store that could do a key for you?
Not knowing what year you have hows about buying one off ebay? There are plenty of videos on youtube to program it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 53 plate Iam an oap and local locaksmith want £70-124 to do the key I have a blank key and remote from ebay and programed the remote ok. But no one will cut the key or clone the chip under £70.
I have seen videos on Youttube to do the remote but none to do clone key other than take chip out and stick it close to igniation

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
Its a 53 plate Iam an oap and local locaksmith want £70-124 to do the key I have a blank key and remote from ebay and programed the remote ok. But no one will cut the key or clone the chip under £70.
I have seen videos on Youttube to do the remote but none to do clone key other than take chip out and stick it close to igniation
Hi Samuria. Unless you already have two separately programmed keys (not two cloned keys), you can not program or "clone" a key on your own. You need a Ford/Lincoln Dealer or a qualified locksmith. It is an anti-theft deterrent.

I would recommend paying the money to have the new key properly programed, not "cloned". Then you can purchase a third key and program it yourself, which will avoid this problem in the future.

This is all explained in your Owners Manual. if you do no t have the hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts