FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealership has scheduled an appointment for my '07 Fusion to have the Lo-Jack and alarm installed. They told me it would take 2 days for the installation and that it needed to be done during the week. I had no problem taking it in, assuming they would provide me with a car. The dealership refuses to give me a rental. I don't have any other transportation to get to and from work. What do they expect me to do? I work M-F. Is this right? Now I'm dreading that if anything goes wrong with my Fusion and I take it in under warranty, that I won't have a car to drive.

Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Many dealers do not provide vehicles for elective work or routine maint. Only under waranty repair do they provide vehicles for work that will take longer than 24 hours. I purchased the extended waranty and one of the add ons is that they provide a vehicle for any work, reguardless of the length of time it will take.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=shofun91 link=topic=60633.msg1031080#msg1031080 date=1161803421]
I purchased the extended waranty and one of the add ons is that they provide a vehicle for any work, reguardless of the length of time it will take.
[/quote]As did I, but I was nastily informed yesterday that my extended warranty [7year/75,000] does NOT include a car for ANY reason. After I bitched, I left in a Focus.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Enterprise will pick you up!
Sorry couldn't help it. Most dealers do not offer loaner cars. Unless you are there to fix a mistake they made.
There is nothing you can do about it. Most dealerships in this area advertise if they give loaners or not. The ones that do, sell the most cars.
If you talk to the service manager, he might go halfs on the rental car for you. If you are nice when explaining about this being your only car.
Good luck!
T

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
UnderEstimated-

If anyone would give you a car, it would probably be Budget.

If your stealership has its own "fleet" of rentals, you probably won't have to worry about any of that anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts