FordFusionClub.com banner

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a question I currently have a 2008 fusion SEL with 20x7.5 wheels with a set of 225/35/20 tires they have had to been repaired due to a pothole (roads here in Denver are horrible) I was wanting to switch to 19" but unfortunately the are a lot more expensive. Is there a different tire I can run to give me a little bit more tread? Or should I just switch to 19"s so I can run a 40 series tire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I was wondering if the Cobra R rims I installed I took off my mustang will mess up my suspension and or tires there 17X9"s had a guy at the dealership said it mess up everything because of the offset any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
sweet this helped me alot i was gonna ask the question but then i found this thanks really big help

·
Registered
105 Posts
Help

I am about to order staggered rims but i want to make sure i get the rite size tires. the front rim size is 18x8 and 18x9 in the rear. i was going to go with a 225/40/18 and a 255/35/18? or a 225/45/18 and a 255/40/18. i dont want to rub. My fusion still sits on stock suspension. Any suggestions??? and i was also wondering about wheel spacers??? id like to be flush or as close as i can get without rubbing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You will not rub unless you get crazy offsets. I run 18x8.5 just fine. Spacers will depend on the offset of the wheels (to make flush). Also, 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 are nearly identical to each other in overall diameter, I actually reverse stagger those sizes for the track (255s up front). How close to the stock 205/60/16? Not sure.

Just remember that wider rear wheels will make handling worsen at the limit (lots of understeer).

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have 18x8.5 wheels, all at +38 offset (evo x gsr wheels). Not sure what HPO is. I have very little clearance up front, however.....lots in back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've tried to calculate it but will a 19x8 with a +20 offset and 76 hub fit my 2008 fusion sel fwd? Going to be running a 225/40r19 tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
So are you guys saying that a 245/45/19 will work, without rubbing, but the speedometer (and MPG/Odometer) will be off by about 5 mph at 65? I've looked at some tire calculators and they're showing the difference between my stock 17's and these Mustang wheel/tire combos on Craigslist are about .8" wider and 1.82" taller, that's quite a bit.

I'm looking to only run these tires for a while until the rubber runs out, but I really like the 19" wheels. Then on the other hand, I'm scared to go with a 19" wheel because we have bad roads, and I don't want to deal with a bumpier ride. Anybody have any insight on this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There don't seem to be many offerings in the 235/40/19 size :( Goes from grand touring to max performance summer. Would anyone know which tire would be the better way to go: 245/40/19 or 245/35/19? The O.E. tire diameter is 26.4", the 245/40 is about 26.7", the 245/35 is about 26"... I'm leaning towards picking up a set of 245/40 uhp all seasons(the Pirelli Nero's I had on the mustang I traded for the fusion was a great tire). Does anyone see any rubbing issues with this tire on a Titanium Awd? I know the speedo will be slightly off, but I can live with that.

I'm sure many would think "why not get a max perf summer tire?" I would think that would just be overkill, and the resulting lower tread life wouldn't be worth it...

Any suggestions would be welcome/helpful!

·
Registered
4 Posts
7 vrs 7.5 inch 17" wheels

My wife has lost to the pot holes of Michigan and I am looking for 2 new wheels.

Our 2006 Milan is AWD and it has 17 inch wheels. It seems there are both 7 inch and 7.5 inch wheels. Mine are 7.5 inch I think.

It seems the replacement wheels are most 7.0 inch. Will 7.0 inch work on this vehicle?

Why are there two different wheels so close in size?

Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Is this information good for the 2013 models I own an se with factory 17s I believe. and in thinking about going 19 or 20s

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Everything on the '13-'14 is different. I can tell you that the bolt pattern is now 108mm. The stock 18" wheels are 18x8, 55mm offset, 235/45-18 tires. The stock 19" tires are 235/40-19. I'm quite sure the wheels are 55mm offset as well. What fits? I have 245/45-18 tires on 18x8 40mm offset wheels on the '14 Fusion I just bought. They do stick out a little... I think an offset right around 50mm would be perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New guy here with a question. ...will 225/45/19 fit 2011 fusion with no rub? I've been looking but can't seem to find an answer. .thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
New guy here with a question. ...will 225/45/19 fit 2011 fusion with no rub? I've been looking but can't seem to find an answer. .thanks
Looking at Discount Tire Direct's chart, they recommend a 225/40-19. If you use a 225/45-19 you're just increasing the diameter a very small amount over that. My guess is that they would be fine, since you're still using a rather skinny tire. Of course, you still need the right offset wheels, 35-40mm is about right for an '11.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks 2010SEL I've been looking through out every post but couldn't find any info...I sort of thought they would fit since people are putting 20's on their fusions

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's been a while since I've been on here, I've been loving my Fusion! But now I'm at that point where I need to replace the tires, and I'm considering my options! I have the 19" rims, so as Im sure everyone knows the 235/40/19 tire choices are pretty limited :( So I got to thinking about what sizes I could use as replacements...I'm sure there may be a slight speedo difference, which I can deal with. What I'm wondering about is if I were to go with a 245/40/19 size, will there be rubbing issues, as well as will it even fit on the stock rims? I'm not going for a summer tire, want an uhp all season(Thinking about the Pirelli's) Any help would be very appreciated!! Is there anyone who has gone to a different 19" tire size on an 2013 Fusion awd?

181 - 200 of 207 Posts