FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if the Fusion Clock in the SEL models can be bought or a similar clock? I have an idea. I have not gotten a new cd player because I want a double din so I won't have to have that empty spot or that ugly pocket from installing a single din. However, double dins that I want are making my money run the other way. So, I have decided to get a single din. install the in dash kit with the plate to cover the other half of the double din instead of the ugly pocket. This is the plan for the clock: I will cut out a hole in the center of the plate with a circular drill bit (or whatever it is called) just big enough for the clock and put it there. Does the clock run simply off a + and - wire connection?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
30 bucks? Cool. Where are you getting it from?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=86617.msg1663627#msg1663627 date=1187874745]
30 bucks? Cool. Where are you getting it from?
[/quote]
Hey Cease :cheers:
Let me ask you a question. If you are going to the trouble of routing a hole and such, why not put a decent clock
in there? You have the option of round, square or whatever type of time piece. If your going to all that work routing, please don't put that cheesy SEL clock in your car. Yes it is cheesy! I know........I own one. :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: Fision clocks

[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=86617.msg1651457#msg1651457 date=1187484918]
Yes it has a 12volts all the time, ground and illumination circuits. Here is a schematic.

[/quote]

Where did you get that picture? I would love to figure out how to have the fogs still on with the high beams!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was my intention at first, but where would I get such a clock?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=86617.msg1664229#msg1664229 date=1187887452]
That was my intention at first, but where would I get such a clock?
[/quote]
I'd look at all my options from all makes and models. Hell man, you may find one that you like from a 70 Buick, who knows? I'd check all the old car restoration websites and all that stuff. At least you've got options as to what and how your will look.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=Double Vision link=topic=86617.msg1664618#msg1664618 date=1187895362]
Here are 5 or 6 you could choose from made by Auto meter. They make excellent and accurate gauges so I would think their clocks would be just as good...

http://www.prostreetonline.com/catalog/autometer_clock.asp
[/quote]
Damn Dat's sweeet! There ya go Cease.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, thanks Double, but damn, the price Double. :lol: I didn't think they would be that much. I guess that is what you pay for a good product. That black with the chrome trim will be my choice of course. I can picture it now. Unfortunately, this is a project that is further down my list. Look for it by the end of the year, guys.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=86617.msg1667632#msg1667632 date=1187994309]
rmayes here you go:

Head lamps picture
[/quote]

Thanks! I certainly do appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hmmm....these clocks that Double Vision posted - I wonder if it would be worth the trouble to switch out the SEL clock I already have with one of these? I saw that some of these light up at night time, but some seem to be a "side push" like a clock you wear on your wrist? That's kind of funky....seems like if it's going in a car, it needs to be lit when the dang lights are on!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Need a clock? Look no further. Here you can find an automotive LED clock with a backlight! Perfect for any car and can be attached anywhere!

You can find them at AutoZone, Wal-Mart, or any other discount retailer. Look for it in your automotive section.

...Haha, I just had to. ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
UE....thanks but no thanks my friend :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=86617.msg1683475#msg1683475 date=1188632205]
Need a clock? Look no further. Here you can find an automotive LED clock with a backlight! Perfect for any car and can be attached anywhere!

You can find them at AutoZone, Wal-Mart, or any other discount retailer. Look for it in your automotive section.

...Haha, I just had to. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, that is funny. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts