FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a car cover for my car. I was wondering if anyone has one? I found lots on-line, but would like to know if anyone has one that fits really well, and if you do, could I get a part number? I'm scared of ordering one, sight unseen and then find out it's 10 ft. too long or some damned thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I bought a standard one on Ebay for the 3-4 times that I'll need it this winter.

It wasn't made EXACTLY for the car, but it was cheap and the material is identical to the one we bought for our Explorer that we paid almost 60 bucks for.

He still sells on Ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/brightpicks

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=95015.msg1862045#msg1862045 date=1195352751]
I'm looking for a car cover for my car. I was wondering if anyone has one? I found lots on-line, but would like to know if anyone has one that fits really well, and if you do, could I get a part number? I'm scared of ordering one, sight unseen and then find out it's 10 ft. too long or some damned thing. Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi kevjur. :wavey: I do not have one for my MKZ, but I do have a top of the line cover for my 2001 Cougar. I purchased it from "California Car Covers" www.calcarcover.com.

It is a custom fit with mirror pockets, storage bag and cable lock. Waterproof but breathable. The breathable part is especially important if you will be leaving your car covered outside for extended periods of time where it is hot or may rain (or both :shock:), as you do not want water/wet fabric sitting on your paint job for long periods. Just the condensation which can form under a non-breathable cover can be harmful. You need to have a cover which allows moisture and heat to escape from under the cover. The inside of the cover also needs to be soft, so it does not scratch the paint finish. Their covers all have guarantees of varying duration.

They have 9 different types of material/usages (indoor, outdoor, waterproof, impact protection, etc, etc.). I have the "SUPERWEAVE" material. It is best for my usage, which is outdoors, sometimes wet, sometimes several days or more with the cover not removed.

Covercraft www.covercraft.com manufactures the covers for California Car Covers. The Covercraft model name for my fabric is "WeatherShield". If you go to their site, they list other retailers who sell their covers, and you may be able to find a better price than California Car Covers. The "Covercraft" site also gives some very good information on car cover facts and technology.

They are not cheap covers, they are top of the line. If you really want to protect your car, you cannot go cheap. If cheap worked, we could all just cover our cars with a tarp or big piece of plastic.

Hope this information helps. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=95015.msg1862884#msg1862884 date=1195410166]
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=95015.msg1862045#msg1862045 date=1195352751]
[/quote]

Hi kevjur. :wavey: I do not have one for my MKZ, but I do have a top of the line cover for my 2001 Cougar. I purchased it from "California Car Covers" www.calcarcover.com.

It is a custom fit with mirror pockets, storage bag and cable lock. Waterproof but breathable. The breathable part is especially important if you will be leaving your car covered outside for extended periods of time where it may rain, as you do not want water/wet fabric sitting on your paint job for long periods. You need to have a cover which allows moisture and heat to escape from under the cover. The inside of the cover also needs to be soft, so it does not sratch the paint finish. Covers are all guaranteed.

They have 9 different types of material/usages (indoor, outdoor, waterproof, impact protection, etc, etc.). I have the "SUPERWEAVE" material. It is best for my usage, which is outdoors, sometimes wet, sometimes several days or more with the cover not removed.

Covercraft www.covercraft.com manufactures the covers for California Car Covers. The Covercraft model name for my fabric is "WeatherShield". If you go to their site, they list other retailers who sell their covers, and you may be able to find a better price than California Car Covers. The "Covercraft" site also gives some very good information on car cover facts and technology.

They are not cheap covers, they are top of the line. If you really want to protect your car, you cannot go cheap. If cheap worked, we could all just cover our cars with a tarp or big piece of plastic.

Hope this information helps. Good luck! :cheers:
[/quote]Thanks, I e-mailed them already to find a retailer in my area (Canada), probably won't hear back until tomorrow. Yes, I agree with you on spending the money on a top of the line cover. It doesn't rain here that much, and my car is now parked (indoors) for the winter. The main reason I want one is that it's constantly dusty here in the summer, (and I work next door to a gravel pit). I'm hoping "Santa Claus" will bring me one for Christmas. I'll have to ask "her" nicely I guess.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=95015.msg1862968#msg1862968 date=1195413685]
Thanks, I e-mailed them already to find a retailer in my area (Canada), probably won't hear back until tomorrow. Yes, I agree with you on spending the money on a top of the line cover. It doesn't rain here that much, and my car is now parked (indoors) for the winter. The main reason I want one is that it's constantly dusty here in the summer, (and I work next door to a gravel pit). I'm hoping "Santa Claus" will bring me one for Christmas. I'll have to ask "her" nicely I guess.
[/quote]

Hi kevjur. :wavey: Good luck with Mrs. Claus! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts