FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there is the motorolla antenna connection on the stock head unit. How in the **** do you they that antenna disconnected. There is a green piece of plastic where it connects.. Do I push that thing in or just pull. I tried pulling real hard and it did not come out. How can I get this antenna disconnected?

-dy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, so I figured that antenna stuff out.. Check out my craptastic video system..

It did not install as flush as I would have hoped. The screen flips down and is larger than the rest of the unit. It has to stick out in order to get access to the DVD/CD drive. There is a USB and SD slot on top for photos or mp3's .. The mounting bracket was a bit too small so I had to dremel it out to accomidate the head unit. Images are from TV tuner that came with. I have a film antenna on the way that is amplified and I hope to get better reception...

All in all, 275 for the complete wiring harness and mount (crutchfield) and the unit from eBay.. BTW its an innovetek so its not that great... I did get the rear deck speakers to work with the crutchfield harness, so anyone with the SEL audiophile, be sure to get your harness from them...

I also ran the remote and rca's so the amp install will go smooth this weekend.. That head is super powerfull...

Also, I was told by some guy at the gas station that it looks like it was supposed to be there... blah.. personally, I think it sticks out too far and this baby is goin back on eBay and I'm gonna get something with a NAV that is flush mountable...

Also, my baby needs a vaccuum.. You can also notice some non-winning lotto tickets there on the ground. Please ignore that...

If you want better daytime pics, please let me know. I will take some more tomorrow to show what it looks like in the light.

-dy

06SEL3.0
Audiophile Package
Black/Black Leather

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Looks great. On the first pic, is that how far it actually sticks out? That would bother me. I would have to send it back. How much did you pay for it? If you got it off E-Bay, I probably have seen it. I want one, but hopefully I can get one that will be flush with rest of the dash.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah if thats how it sticks out in the first pick that'd bug me to. Seems all navi systems/media systems these days are motorized and flip out. I'm considering a nice pioneer unit the avic z1 but its gonna take some cash, doesn't have a tv tuner though but I can get by with sirius, dvd, music hard drive and navi just fine :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
dude that install looks like shit! :shock:

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=whatup link=topic=72380.msg1288400#msg1288400 date=1174758776]
dude that install looks like shit! :shock:
[/quote]

wow what a way to have positive critism... thats not nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, it does stick out that far. I'm not sure if I am gonna keep it.. The problem lies in the fact that the face and screen are about .25" larger than the unit. It needs to stick out that far in order for the face to open. I dremeled out the plastic surround in order to get it to fit in the first place. If I dremel it anymore, there won't be much left to hold the unit. I'm not too sure about any other mounting options. I say this becuase the cavity is so large, there needs to be something custom fabricated in order to hold the unit. The face flips down, so I can't really attach the mount directly to it.. I'll post again after I'm done playing with it..

Unit is from MP3playerstore.com http://mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVD-700USB.html

I'm not sure what car this would look ok in...

-dy

·
Registered
359 Posts
thats weird that they made the screen bigger than the unit itself. My alpine's screen is the same size as the unit, and it pushes forward than tilts down. It could just be a design flaw of a cheaper unit :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
well hey if it works than who cares... i tried a few and didnt like them so i stepped up to the alpine but two each their own ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think a few of you flamed dazedyouth a little unnecessarily.. I mean, afterall, he did mention that it was his "craptastic video system" :) After seeing that, I agree! Looks better at night when you can't see all that aluminum protruding from the instrument panel!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts