FordFusionClub.com banner

How long do you plan on keeping your Fusion?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fusion seems to be holding its own in the used car market. Used vehicles are very limited and the retail price if you do find one is quite high. Just interested in everyones plans for their Fusion.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
I don't find (around here, anyways) that Fusions/Milans have very good resale value when compared to Accords and Camrys. However, that's (partially) why I bought my Milan. They're a steal on the used car market :)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fusions and Milans are a rarity here in middle Tn. Maybe its just here but you can buy a new one just about for the same price as a used one. If you can find either. The 2 dealerships within 30 miles from here only have 2 (new) Fusions and 2 Milans between them. 1 used Se priced at 16,995 w/37k on it!

·
Registered
910 Posts
The used cars here seem to sell at pretty decent prices especially considering most of them have high mileage but well see what kelley blue book gives my car after it turns a year or so old. I plan to keep mine until I pay it off at least(5yrs) and then maybe even longer so I don't have a payment for awhile

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
i had a local dealer in the area call me and wanted me to trade my car in because they had someone looking for a black I4 5 Speed. So i went into talk to them just to see (had not plan on trading mine in since i had done so much work to it). They told me they would only give me $14K for it. Had 12K miles on it and $1500 in mods including wheels and tires. i know the mods do not mean a thing to a dealer but $14K seemed a litted low since they called me and wanted my car. More or or less told them to stick it unless they could give me $17K same price i paid for the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just traded mine in. It had a little over 6000mi on it. 2007 V6 SEL. There are a lot of vehicles available,new and used in this area in Georgia.The Pontiac-GMC dealer gave me $17900 for mine. One Ford dealer wanted to give me $16500 and the Toyota dealer offered $15600. I told them to stick it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=Fewshun07 link=topic=84546.msg1593873#msg1593873 date=1185666453]
The Pontiac-GMC dealer gave me $17900 for mine.
[/quote]
It would be interesting to see what they retail the car for.

Slater--I got a nice letter from the dealership I purchased mine from telling me its been 18 mos since I made my purchase and the new model year is coming with appearance this and that change. Sounded to me like they wanted my car for the used lot or maybe business is just that bad..idk

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=84546.msg1593898#msg1593898 date=1185667062]
[/quote]

Slater--I got a nice letter from the dealership I purchased mine from telling me its been 18 mos since I made my purchase and the new model year is coming with appearance this and that change. Sounded to me like they wanted my car for the used lot or maybe business is just that bad..idk
[/quote]

ya they told me they do not get many fusions on the used lot so they were trying to come up with some. Fusion/Milan's are such good cars people do not want to get rid of them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=84546.msg1593953#msg1593953 date=1185668291]
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=84546.msg1593898#msg1593898 date=1185667062]
[/quote]

[/quote]

ya they told me they do not get many fusions on the used lot so they were trying to come up with some. Fusion/Milan's are such good cars people do not want to get rid of them.
[/quote]disis ture. I'm keeping mine for a long time unless I magically get better paying job....

·
Registered
39 Posts
The car was listed for $19,995 on the lot a couple of days ago. I checked today and undoubtedly it has been sold. This GMC and Pontiac-Buick dealer sells really nice used vehicles.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
The mailers and phone calls saying they "need" cars like yours on their used car lot are nothing more than marketing gimmicks to get you in the door. Why, exactly, would they really need your car? Fusions aren't rare, if they need them they can find plenty on the wholesale market. They just want you to come into their dealership to try to sell ya something new.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I just got one of these the other day. I guess some people are gullible enough to think the actually need your car. Like Fatabbot said, just a way to get you in the door and to be hounded.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I didn't buy mine worried about re-sale, just wanted a good car that looked decent. Re-sale value is going to shit itself if/when the fusion/milan/mkz gets a major facelift. Then, who knows, maybe I'll buy another generation one fusion for a winter car. Hopedully people that own these cars keep them in good shape so we don't see thousands of old rusty fusions running around, I think that would help our cars hold their value.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Another problem with the Fusion is its popularity with rental fleets. That KILLS resale value as it floods the used car market with low mileage, 1-2 year old models. Probably not as important 5-6 years down the line, but definitely helps increase initial depreciation.

G

·
I pulled up to another Ford Fusion S black looked a lot like mine except it had the steel wheels missing ALL of its covers, and had a huge dent in the rear bumber. It was so dirty I couldn't see myself in it's reflection. Everything inside the car was pink, so it was obviously a girls car. I then peered over at my car, at it's resiliant shine, all of my rims don't have a single scratch. Some people just need to be shot.

Where's that gun pic that Chris posted when ya need it.

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=84546.msg1595217#msg1595217 date=1185729092]
I didn't buy mine worried about re-sale, just wanted a good car that looked decent. Re-sale value is going to shit itself if/when the fusion/milan/mkz gets a major facelift. Then, who knows, maybe I'll buy another generation one fusion for a winter car. Hopedully people that own these cars keep them in good shape so we don't see thousands of old rusty fusions running around, I think that would help our cars hold their value.
[/quote]

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It amazes me when I see crap like that. Some people must be makin some serious damn money to be able to do that to a car. I don't know about you guys---but we went through hell and high water to get ours paid for! When you have a wife, kids, mortgage and etc---25k is a lot of money to let a car be beat all to hell in less than two years. I just don't get it!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The Fusion's and sister cars alike, are all doing quite well in the resale market. Where I live, it's hard to justify 0.9% (Ford) vs 2.9% or 3.9% (imports) financing rates. The imports resale value has to be higher because those buyers are paying so much more. Compared to the imports, the domestic brands are practically giving their cars away new or used. If you've got money to burn however, the imports might make more sense to some.

Happy driving

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got m'brand new 2007 SEL V6 off the lott for 20,400 after ALL the smoke cleared.

Couldnt be happier.

She's my baby! Ill never sell, damn you! Never!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.