FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m a little tight on money and I’m looking for an after market exhaust for my 2018 Ford Fusion se 1.5l eco boost. If someone could help me find something it would be greatly appreciated. Used is fine

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
So I’m a little tight on money and I’m looking for an after market exhaust for my 2018 Ford Fusion se 1.5l eco boost. If someone could help me find something it would be greatly appreciated. Used is fine
Hi bdiv. Are you looking to improve performance or only sound?

If you are looking for a performance improvement, save your money and leave the exhaust alone. No cat-back exhaust will improve vehicle performance, power, mpg's etc. The Fusion already has a very good quality, free-flowing exhaust system. The choke point in the exhaust is the catalytic converters, so anything you do rearward of them will not matter in this case, performance wise.

If you are strictly looking for more sound/noise, the top three choices for exhausts are Borla, Magnaflow and Flowmaster.

In order: Borla is the most expensive, best quality, and least loud.
Magnaflow is second in cost, a little down the quality ladder and a little louder.
FlowMaster is the least expensive, a little lower again, quality wise, and some who have installed it complain of an extremely annoying drone at highway speeds. To the point that some have even removed it and reinstalled the stock exhaust.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts