FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I bought 2 of them just in case I screw up painting one of them white. Did you spray paint yours or just brush on touch-up paint. P.S. Chris, thanks for the help with posting pics.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=86041.msg1633271#msg1633271 date=1186960760]
Yeah, I bought 2 of them just in case I screw up painting one of them white. Did you spray paint yours or just brush on touch-up paint. P.S. Chris, thanks for the help with posting pics.
[/quote]

I went to pep boys and got the spray can of oxford white and some aircraft paint remover. I took the car completely apart so all that remained was the metal body. Next I took the aircraft paint remover to it to remove the paint. Last I painted and cleared the car and reassemble. (note... you may want to pick up some model glue to reassemble).

No problem on the pics!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kinda wondered how you got the wheel wells painted. I don't think I'll go that far, probably just mask it off with tape and vaseline, prime it and spray bomb, use touch up paint for more detailed areas.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=86041.msg1633629#msg1633629 date=1186968473]
Kinda wondered how you got the wheel wells painted. I don't think I'll go that far, probably just mask it off with tape and vaseline, prime it and spray bomb, use touch up paint for more detailed areas.
[/quote]

That should work too. Post some pics when you get it finished.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
That sounds like a lot of work. I just bought my 06 Fusion in black so it matches the model. :lol:

Mine is on my desk at work.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend of mine has a black '07 Fusion, when he bought his diecast, he also bought a model of a mustang and "robbed" the rear spoiler off of it. Actually fit and looks right.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Where did you guys get those? How much $? I've seen the plastic model kits but not the die cast.

I'd have to put a dent in the side to truly match my ride :) LOL! Yeah...still need to get that fixed :dur:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought mine right from my Ford dealer, $10.00 U.S., I paid $12.75 Canadian, it's in their catalog. I also bought a nextel cup t-shirt from them with a fusion on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts