FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, the dealer thinking I had a bad fuel module, as it was making a pausing buzzing noise, replaced it under warranty. Well The noise is still there. I went to the lot and started another Fusion and the noise was the same. Are you guys having the same noise? I hate that the dealer took my pump out without it doing more research and my car today had a gas smell inside. Well they were doing their job. The dealer was very nice, but I just think about efficiency all the time and to think that the module was not bad makes me upset. What a waste of those guys times and a Ford part. I really hope I do not develop a gas smell inside the car now and/or a gas leak.

Let me know about the sound guys. I am doing a research about it. My Fusion only has 700 Miles.

TIA

Alex

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you have not buzzing and that comes and goes along side with the typical quiet external pump noise? I am puzzled. Mine has the typical quiet inline pump noise, but on top of that it has a buzz that comes as goes. It pauses every so often. The other fusion on the lot did the same thing. Your is manual correct?

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys Im wondering if this is the same sound that Im hearing. It appears to be in the location of the left side rear of the car. Sounds kind of like a high pitched whine? Only noticeable from the outside.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So why the hell am I the only one with a buzz that pauses on top of the whinning after a second fuel module?

Alex

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is why some tech now and days suck. Most of them live on the theory of "Oh sound like this is bad, lets replace it". Most of them dont take the time on logging on to the OASIS, TSBs, proper diagnostic procedures and the concept of how things work.

But if you want, give me your VIN number, the complaint and I will put it into Ford OASIS and Symptom Diagnoses for common causes and I will email it to you so you can ask them what they did and double check to see if the went to the correct area.

But as far as pump noises, I never heard mine at all. Probably this might be on the TSB soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts