FordFusionClub.com banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Re: FS: Oracal Tail Light tint Light smoke and dark smoke!

i have no clue, that's a good question.....

·
Registered
10,239 Posts

I got pulled over for speeding, and he said to take my tail light tints off.. that was it. No ticket. Depends if you are in a town full of people that have mod-fever or not.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

that means it is illegal and that if you are dick to the cop enough he'll give you a ticket for the tail light tint too. Or if he is a dick head on his own then you get a ticket regardless. I will ask one of my local cops i know here and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

no its not pre-cut and yes i have light film PM me with questions or concerns.
I don't think i have any pics of the hatch but i will be doing a hatch locally next week sometime. The only hatch i know of on the forum that i can think of is a yellow one with blacked out tail lights.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

For those who are getting light smoke i reccomend the dark smoke for the reflectors. I'll send you dark smoke for the reflectors because it'd be pointless to just smoke them so light. The red will still show with the light tint. I'd go with the dark for the reflectors. The dark smoke looks blacked out from far away but you can still see through it from about 5-10 feet away.I will try to do a sample and some pics before i send anything out so you have a chance to choose.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is this still going on? I'm definately interested at this price. :p

A few more questions, can this product me used more than once and is one side sticky? Is the heat gun needed or recommended?

Sounds like some stupid questions, but the only tint I'm familiar with when installing is southernsurfer(who gave me a link to this thread and also gives a great product BTW)'s reflector smoke.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yep this will be going on for a while. Well I spoke to a local friend of mine and he said he was able to re-use the film but i would not recommend it so once its on its on unless you JUST put it on and decide to move it or something. Yes its only sticky on one side while the other looks glossy like paint.
The blow dryer or heat gun is highly recomended so you can mold the film onto the curves of your rear tail lights. I usually start in the middle where its flat then move to the side curve part of the lights. On some applications you don't need the heat gun but for curves, you are going to need it.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I'll post those pics up tomorrow :p

·
Registered
649 Posts
i want to just use vht spray tint on my reflectors cuz i did it on my side markers and it looks freaking sexy. however this requires taking off the whole mother effing bumper. this i like much better.. lol. PIC PIC PICS!!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
It just got done raining so the tint looks darker than usual...(always does in pictures).
The reflector sitting on the bumper is the OEM reflector. I do not have OEM reflectors on my car. The red can be shown on the reflects when you are real close to it but from far its dark.

I'm not standing too far away from the car, maybe couple feet.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Yea i mean thats what the thread is for right....PM me if you would like to place an order.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
first post modified....

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.