FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I used or the Ford Fusion used a Front sway bar.
I ask because I have never hear of one here. And I saw
in Racing Beat a Front Sway Bar for the Mazda 6, and
I know that a rear sway bar that fit on a Mazda 6 will
fit on the Ford Fusion and vice versa, I know because
I have one and many of you do too. And if it works
I want it.

Here is the link: http://www.racingbeat.com/FRmazda6.htm

I include the image of the instruction of the Front Sway Bar. Let's see
if I know how to upload a pic to the forum.

:csweeney:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm telling you...if some of these aftermarket parts producers would just come out and say their Mazda 6 items do or do not fit the Fusion, they may be in for an increase in business. I know a lot of us have been waiting for some quality aftermarket brakes/brake systems/suspension parts/exhaust systems/etc. but very few items are being produced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=78757.msg1441367#msg1441367 date=1180320952]
I'm telling you...if some of these aftermarket parts producers would just come out and say their Mazda 6 items do or do not fit the Fusion, they may be in for an increase in business. I know a lot of us have been waiting for some quality aftermarket brakes/brake systems/suspension parts/exhaust systems/etc. but very few items are being produced.
[/quote]

That's right. We should Boicot someone (company)? Or send a lot of e-mails from all of us asking
a company or many companies to make any item that we all agree we would like to
see in production. That won't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Racing beat springs, front & rear sway bars fit the fusion. I have the rear bar on my Zephyr. It is a great upgrade.

I believe all brake components from the 08 Mazda 6 and fusion will be compatable.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Do you know if the KONI shocks will fit the Fusion? I'm looking for an shock upgrade after my lowering springs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes they should; but I am not sure if they can handle the extra weight with the Fusion. I would call Koni and ask for maxuim weight on their shocks. Fit wise; It will bolt on the fusion

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=78757.msg1464467#msg1464467 date=1181090494]
I also saw this Front Sway Bar for the Ford Fusion specifically
Here is the link: http://www.alamomotorsports.com/STSprings/stsway_ford.htm
[/quote]

I think that I might have to break the bubble with the ST sway bars......after calling ST they do not show that part number for a Fusion at all. I have no idea where those guys got that part number but as far as my research shows no major company's have that part or even show it in their database. Seems a bit odd to me but that is what I have found this far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=dogma555 link=topic=78757.msg1471567#msg1471567 date=1181323292]
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=78757.msg1464467#msg1464467 date=1181090494]
I also saw this Front Sway Bar for the Ford Fusion specifically
Here is the link: http://www.alamomotorsports.com/STSprings/stsway_ford.htm
[/quote]

I think that I might have to break the bubble with the ST sway bars......after calling ST they do not show that part number for a Fusion at all. I have no idea where those guys got that part number but as far as my research shows no major company's have that part or even show it in their database. Seems a bit odd to me but that is what I have found this far.
[/quote]

Maybe is for the Mazda6 and they know that it will fit the Ford Fusion. And that part number might be
an in store number.

Either way I think it will fit the Ford Fusion, Racing Beat also have them but for the Mazda6, and I think it
will fir the Ford Fusion. I'm going to order one, the front one, I already have the rear one,
I will let you know if it works. Also if I don't forget a few pictures.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Yea, please do let us know because the racing beat front sway bar does not fit the 06 and 07 V6 Mazda 6(due to a redesign of the oil pan I believe?).Only the 4cyl. Im thinking that would mean V6 Fusions,Zephyr's, and Milans have a similar setup and the part wont fit those cars either but I guess we will just have to see.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=78757.msg1500974#msg1500974 date=1182305168]
:joshers: :frostyfire: :blue: :bash:
[/quote]

lol, does that mean it worked? lol

·
Registered
832 Posts
Did the Mazda 6 sway bars work or not. I ask because I want to buy some beefy Cusco sway bars but don't want to commit if I know they're not gona work. If I cannot find out I may just buy them, take the stockies out to compare, if they match I'll use them if not I'll ship them back or sell them to someone with a 6 and put the stocks back on. :wink:

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Fusion I4 and V6 have different front bars, it has to do with the clearance of the exhaust. Basically one goes up and the other goes down in the middle. I think the Mazda 6 uses only one of these for both I4 and V6, so Mazda 6 bars will fit on either the I4 or V6 but not the other one. I can't remember which is which.

·
Registered
221 Posts
[quote author=rmayes link=topic=78757.msg1616017#msg1616017 date=1186426541]
Let me just add fuel to the fire. Do they fit the AWD? :dur:
[/quote]

I can say with high degree of certainity NO b/c the mazda speed (AWD) has seperate sway bars in the rear. When I installed mine; it was a tight fit.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Rear bars are completely different FWD to AWD, but should be the same shape Mazda to Ford.

The front AWD has a very slightly different shape than the 06 FWD, but in 07, all V6 Fusions used the same AWD shape. Sine most aftermarket parts were probably tooled up before the 07 Fusions were available, it means they probably won't fit the AWD.

Incidentaly the Mazdaspeed and AWD Fusion both use 25mm bars, so there'd be no point in swapping them. I don't know if the Mazdaspeed has the extra clearance required for the AWD Fusion though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts