FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6 speaker system as it comes standard on the 07 SE. I'm thinking about upgrading the whole system, possibly starting with the speakers. I've done a lot of audio work, including installing component speaker which is what I intend on using. This question is directed to those that have already had things apart inside the door.... how are the speaker and tweeter wired? Do they go back to the headunit as separate leads or is there a crossover mounted somewhere in the door or kickpanel area?

·
Registered
443 Posts
There is a crossover which is attached to basket of the mid/bass in the lower door. It looks like something added by a 10 yr old with a electronics kit. The tweeters connect to the mid/bass with a simple connector. It's been a year since I changed my speakers out- but that sounds about right.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. If you remember correctly, is there enough room inside the door to mount the crossover. Also, what size tweeters are installed from the factory?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just installed a set of Infinity components in my front doors. The crossovers fit in the doors above and just in front of the 6x8 speakers. I stuck 'em in there with double sided tape. The stock tweeters are about the same size as the Infinties but the stock mounting bracket is mounted directly on the tweeter so you'll have to come up with something else.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sound interesting, but I think I should be able to come up with something once I have it all apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts