FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Milan, anyways I live in Ohio where front plates are used. What is the easiest way to mount, specifically without messing up my front bumper.

Any creative solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=RockLAX link=topic=69288.msg1201611#msg1201611 date=1171248982]
I just got my Milan, anyways I live in Ohio where front plates are used. What is the easiest way to mount, specifically without messing up my front bumper.

Thanks!
[/quote]
Ford, Lincoln, Mercury products usually come with a front license plate bracket. You might check with your dealer about price.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The front plate mounting bracket is included for no additon cost on cars which are sold in states that require them. They should give you one with the car. Call thwe dealler and DONT let them just drill it into the bumper.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Thanks!
[/quote]Inside your garage! I live in Ohio and would rather play stupid with a cop. Odds are the will let you go with a warning unless you give them reason to ticket. I've already been stopped by local and state police. I have not yet gotten a ticket! Besides it looks better without it!

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
We require front license plate brackets in both of the states I live in (MA & CT), but I don't have one. Still, the dealer has to give you one in states that have them, if you bought the car there...

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=69288.msg1202599#msg1202599 date=1171305902]
We require front license plate brackets in both of the states I live in (MA & CT), but I don't have one. Still, the dealer has to give you one in states that have them, if you bought the car there...
[/quote]
Ever been stopped or ticketed? Bet not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have lived in Ohio most of my adult life. In the last 30 years I have never put a plate on the front of any of my vehicles. About 22 vehicles since then.

A guestimate of being pulled over about 15 times in that time span for various speed violations only once did the cop notice that I did not have a front plate and cite me.
Cops today are more interested in checking your ashtray for stray seeds or your trunk for bales of cocaine.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Thanks!
[/quote]

My dealer installed mine 5 minutes before I called them to tell them NOT to put one on...anyhow, they used friggin pop rivet expanders and I had to drill them out, then install gloss black plugs in the holes they made...they now look like crash sensors, not bad. So, yeah, I have a front license plate holder laying in my garage waiting for trash day to get rid of it. Thank God PA does not make us use front plates.

Kiv :eek:perator:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I live in Kentucky, no front plate required. I got my Fusion in Green bay, Wisconsin so it came with front plate hardware. I did not want to mess with the holes left behind so I got a chrome plated ROUSH RACING plate. It looks good with the chrome grill. I am trying to find a chrome plated plate with "FUSION" on it but have only found a frame. I can't beleive they do not make one of these, they make one for practically all other Ford models?

·
Registered
391 Posts
[quote author=SVTFusion link=topic=69288.msg1206469#msg1206469 date=1171429850]
I have lived in Ohio most of my adult life. In the last 30 years I have never put a plate on the front of any of my vehicles. About 22 vehicles since then.

A guestimate of being pulled over about 15 times in that time span for various speed violations only once did the cop notice that I did not have a front plate and cite me.
Cops today are more interested in checking your ashtray for stray seeds or your trunk for bales of cocaine.
[/quote]

how do you prevent them from writing you a speed ticket?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=69288.msg1206790#msg1206790 date=1171460583]
[quote author=SVTFusion link=topic=69288.msg1206469#msg1206469 date=1171429850]

[/quote]

how do you prevent them from writing you a speed ticket?
[/quote]

He didn't say they didn't cite him for speeding, he said for the plate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts