FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the front bumper on my 2012 Fusion and don't want to drill into it for the front plate. Are there any brackets out there that don't mount into the front bumper? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
420 Posts
if you absolutely need to have the front plate, i would just use zip ties to the bottom grill slats. B.C has to have front plates too but I brought the car over from Alberta where we don't have to have them so my car doesn't have the holes drilled. I have been driving around for 3 years with no front plate and never had a problem.

If you were to ever get pulled over just say your replacement bumper was not given drilled holes for the plate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Living in CA - Commiefornia - I wouldn't go very long without a ticket. I've looked at several universal brackets, but they all want to drill holes into the bumper somewhere which I do not want to do. I had the same issue with my '07 Shelby and was able to find several no-drill brackets on the market. Not so much for the Fusion. It seems strange that you can't get a bracket that uses existing bolts like the ones under the fascia. I think I'll try fabricating something that will work and doesn't look too terrible.

If anyone has found an after market bracket they've had success with, please post. Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this an aftermarket type of bumper you put on, or a replacement stock? I haven't seen any "No-Drill" brackets for the Fusion. I understand not wanting to, but you may end up doing that. There are the replacement factory ones you can easily get on ebay for cheap like this one in the link below which are nice. If you need a plate, you might just have to suck it up and get something to stay legal. I'm not familiar with the 2012's really, but you might be able to do something like you mentioned and try using existing holes to make your own mount to work. Good luck!

Ford 2010 2012 Fusion Front License Plate Bracket AE5Z 17A385 AA Factory | eBay

·
Registered
420 Posts
haven't seen many bumpers that come with the holes unless requested

my 2012 doesn't have any holes in the bumper, many 1.5 fusions don't because it isn't law in our provinces.

there are hide and show plate holders users use for car shows and it motorizes out from hiding below your car or in between your bottom grill area

1 - 5 of 5 Posts