FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the front license plate bracket off, what is everyone doing to cover the holes from the bracket? Which looks clean

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had mine plugged. They painted them too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am looking for how is that done?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I live in a 2 plate state, so there's no way I could get away with removing it. I've been pinched one when we first bought the car. Best trooper's voice: "Do you have another plate for this car?" Me: "Ummm, yes, I think it at home in my closet?" Trooper: "You must put it on. If I see you without it again, I will cuff, stuff, and sodomize you right here on the hood of your car!"

Honestly, he just gave me a warning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a accident. I told the Body shop that if they put holes in my new bumper I wasn't going to pay them. The sad thing is Delaware is a one plate state and dealers put the frame on anyway usually with their stupid logo on it. I got my milan used and the holder was in the trunk and two stupid holes were in my bumper. I hated the accident but getting rid of those holes was the silver lining!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in a 2 plate state, but I have never put the front plate on. I always keep it in the glove box and if I get pulled over I show it to them and tell them the bracket keeps falling off. They either give me a fix it ticket $10 or a warning. That is worth it instead of the ugly bracket that is in front of the fusion.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=88525.msg1700705#msg1700705 date=1189350569]
I am wanting to do this! How do i remove the rivit things on the front???
[/quote]

The rivets are only aluminum so you need to take a drill bit and drill the center out of the rivet. That will weaken them enough that you will then be able to cut them with metal snips. This is important as you need to cut the head off in order to push them inwards towards the car....pulling them outward will cause the 'legs' on the rivet behind the bumper to 'spider web' your paint around the holes in the bumper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where do you get the plugs for the holes that are there once the screws or rivots are removed?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=MWC link=topic=88525.msg1701542#msg1701542 date=1189384995]
Where do you get the plugs for the holes that are there once the screws or rivots are removed?
[/quote]

Those are just called screw head covers. You can find white or chrome ones at your local auto parts store in the area of the tag brackets. You can also find some other colors at an RV/Camper dealerships parts dept. They don't actually fill the hole....they are placed on a screw or bolt and a plastic cover snaps into place over the screw/bolt head.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I was thinking about taking it off - however when the tuner and CAI are installed I'm really going to try to conform to the law as much as possible....except for the speed part :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts