FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experience the front interior doors having an increasing gap between the hard plastic grab portion and the softer plastic surround? When I first got my Fusion I didn't have this and it's progressively gotten worse. I'm the only driver and have religiously, since noticing this, shut my door carefully to not grab the raised portion. Clear as mud right? I'll post pictures tonight in regards to what I'm talking about. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have not noticed any gapping in my door pulls. If you can, shoot us a pic.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=erocko link=topic=84497.msg1592008#msg1592008 date=1185569309]
Has anyone experience the front interior doors having an increasing gap between the hard plastic grab portion and the softer plastic surround? When I first got my Fusion I didn't have this and it's progressively gotten worse. I'm the only driver and have religiously, since noticing this, shut my door carefully to not grab the raised portion. Clear as mud right? I'll post pictures tonight in regards to what I'm talking about. Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi erocko. :wavey: No, I have not had that problem in my MKZ.

I would take your Fusion back to the Dealership. It may just be a loose fastener, or it may be that the interior trim panel/grab pocket is defective. Either way, it would be a free repair/replacement, assuming your vehicle is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty limitations.

Hope it is nothing serious (shouldn't be), and good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some pictures, the "gap" does not show all that well on camera but it is apparent. At least this will give everyone an idea of what exactly I am looking at. I've included two pictures of the drivers door and one of the passenger that doesn't have the gap. Red arrows digitally added :) I am under warranty, I'm more interested in finding out if I'm being overly anal about a 4 month old car issue that isn't really an issue to anyone else. Or if anyone else has seen this happening, what the dealer did to fix it. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Did you try loosening that screw inyour picture and moving the plastic over a bit? I've now had my car for 4 months too, and there are a few things I now notice that I didn't at first. Like the antenna on the roof, middle of car in back, the one that comes with the audiophile/sirius radio is a little crooked, no one else I've shown it to notices, but I do. I'm not taking it to the dealer because in my experiences, once a headliner comes off, it never seems to fit right again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
fit and finish prob just the plastic warping or something, should have no prob getting it replaced at your local (quality is job #1) ford dealer :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. I too noticed this on the demo car I test drove at the dealership. I wasn't concerned because I ordered the black on black interior so you don't see the fit and finish flaws. I am only referring to the Fusion model as I haven't checked the other two variants (Millan & MKZ).

Good luck & hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I never noticed that. The only thing that bothers me about that grab slot is that ugly ass screw that is visible holding it in place. Ford should have made a plastic cap to hide that. Could have at least put a nice chrome screw there or one that is painted to match the color of the interior to make it look attactive. :) Hey, that is my next project: paint those screws!! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=84497.msg1597319#msg1597319 date=1185814896]
I never noticed that. The only thing that bothers me about that grab slot is that ugly ass screw that is visible holding it in place. Ford should have made a plastic cap to hide that. Could have at least put a nice chrome screw there or one that is painted to match the color of the interior to make it look attactive. :) Hey, that is my next project: paint those screws!! :lol:
[/quote]

Hi Ceace, and to anyone else interested. :wavey: The MKZ has a color coordinated foam piece which covers the bottom of the cup, and hides the screws. It has a small notch in one side, so that you can pick it up with a small hook or screwdriver.

You could probably order it from a Lincoln/Mercury Dealer. Or, it would be an inexpensive, quick and easy improvement to cut a piece of appropriately colored foam or plastic to size, and place it in the bottom of the cup.

I would think something a little pliable would work best, as it would be easier to take out in case you need access to the screws in the future.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Good idea. I will have to do something to cover it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ceace my 07 Fusion SEL came with rubber covers that hide that screw. Yours should have came with them also.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=Tweek link=topic=84497.msg1604411#msg1604411 date=1186000905]
Ceace my 07 Fusion SEL came with rubber covers that hide that screw. Yours should have came with them also.
[/quote] Yeah, mine too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=84497.msg1597319#msg1597319 date=1185814896]
[/quote]
But the screw ISN'T visable unless you look DOWN into the door pull.
Now that I think about it, my FUSION had a rubber insert also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.