FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last 4 months I have replaced all control arms, strut assemblies, wheel bearings, full hub and knuckle assembly, cv axles, sway bar link ends, and sway bar bushings, but still have a clunking noise when hitting bumps. Can someone please help me figure out what this noise is being caused by.

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
Within the last 4 months I have replaced all control arms, strut assemblies, wheel bearings, full hub and knuckle assembly, cv axles, sway bar link ends, and sway bar bushings, but still have a clunking noise when hitting bumps. Can someone please help me figure out what this noise is being caused by.
Hi DIY. If you have replaced everything, then double check and re-torque all nuts/bolts/fasteners to the proper recommendations.

Perhaps one of our tech members will jump in here to help.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my Fusion a few weeks ago, 2019 SEL....with no problems, BUT, before that i had a 2010 Taurus SEL (5 years old when i got it) and it had the same kind of clunking issue. I replaced the front passenger strut, because that's where the sound was coming from, (my Hyundai's strut went out and had same noise) but that wasn't the issue, then i noticed the Front passenger bottom control arm BUSHING was destroyed and just rattling around metal on metal. I never replaced it and put 80K miles on it lol, but it never got worst, just annoying. I'd look at the control arm bushing as well. The car only had 55K miles on it when i got it and i noticed it after 3 weeks of driving. Let's face it, you can't hear\see\feel ALL bad things during even a 20min test drive. Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts