FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Fusion with a the 2.3l four-cylnder engine and 5-speed automatic at a dealer last night. I knew that configuaration was delayed beacuse of the switch to 5 speed from 4 speed but it looks like the hold-up is over. Now that all the powertarins are online the floodgates should really be opening for Fsuuion availability. I'd expect to see a lot more of them soon. Fleet sales should be starting up as well. I'd really like to rent one before buying if possible.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
[quote author=Futura06 link=topic=33586.msg475128#msg475128 date=1131891712]
I saw a Fusion with a the 2.3l four-cylnder engine and 5-speed automatic at a dealer last night. I knew that configuaration was delayed beacuse of the switch to 5 speed from 4 speed but it looks like the hold-up is over. Now that all the powertarins are online the floodgates should really be opening for Fsuuion availability. I'd expect to see a lot more of them soon. Fleet sales should be starting up as well. I'd really like to rent one before buying if possible.
[/quote]
:shock: Noooooooooooo..... There goes the resale Value. :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry about fleet sales that will hurt resale values. What I read was that Ford will sell far less Fusions to fleets than they did with the Taurus. They do this now with the Five-Hundred and it still has a very high expected resale value. Heck, even Accords and Camrys wind up in rental fleets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As far as I know, Accords are not sold to fleets. Camrys, yes, but Honda doesnt sell Accords to fleet sales. That's why most people consider the Honda Accord to be the best selling midsize sedan in the country because Camry sales also include fleet sales while Accord sales have no fleet sales.

If I'm incorrect, I apologize, but thats what I recall.

By the way, I'm in love with the Fusion. I love the style, the dynamics, and the price.

I priced out my top three cars: Chevy Cobalt SS Sedan, Mazda 3 Grand Touring Sedan, and Ford Fusion I4 SEL and they're almost dead on in price.

When we sell our house in Chicago, I'll test out all 3 and finally make a decision on which one to get. In my opinion, they're all three really good cars that deliver a good combination of performance and economy. The Fusion excites me because it prices out the same and its a bigger car that looks just as sporty, but not as sporty as a Mazda6. It's a solid combo of sport and luxury.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts