FordFusionClub.com banner

Ford X-Plan

31K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  bbf2530 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what info. anyone may have on Fords' X Plan pricing, and if anyone has used it. I am going to get an 08 Fusion in the spring, and I work right near the Portsmouth Ford dealership (which is a pretty big one in this area). Obviously, I'm trying to figure out a way to qualify for this discount, but I'm curious if anyone on these forums has gotten the X-Plan pricing. If so, how much was the discount? Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

#3 ·
[quote author=chrism75 link=topic=92376.msg1798109#msg1798109 date=1193008801]
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what info. anyone may have on Fords' X Plan pricing, and if anyone has used it. I am going to get an 08 Fusion in the spring, and I work right near the Portsmouth Ford dealership (which is a pretty big one in this area). Obviously, I'm trying to figure out a way to qualify for this discount, but I'm curious if anyone on these forums has gotten the X-Plan pricing. If so, how much was the discount? Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

[/quote]

Hi chrism75. :wavey: You can get an X-Plan PIN either from a Ford Employee (they get at least 4 a year to provide to friends and neighbors), or from your Employer if they are part of the Ford Partner Program.

As to pricing: Go to www.Fordvehicles.com and follow the links under "Shopping Tools" to Search Dealer Inventory for a Fusion which is close to what you are looking for, at a Dealership near you (it is a simple process).

Come back here and post the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership, the model (I-4, V-6, SE, SEL, etc) and VIN of the Fusion you like. I will get the exact X-Plan price for you.

Then you will have a good idea of the savings. The X-Plan will almost always give you a better price than you can negotiate yourself. Also, when you purchase using the X-Plan, you usually qualify for any other Incentives and Rebates available to retail buyers.

To give you a general idea, I checked the X-Plan price of a V-6 SEL at one of my local Dealerships. It has Leather Seating, Rear Spoiler, Sirius Radio and Traction Control. The MSRP (Window Sticker) was $24,222. The X-Plan price is $22,722. That is a savings of $1,500. Then you would also deduct any Incentives (currently $500 in my area) currently available.

Also, the Dealer cannot charge any of the extra fees, like "Documentation" (often $300-$400), "Computer Usage", "Dealer Prep", etc, etc. they are so fond of tacking onto Retail Sales. So your savings in the end would probably be close to or even over $2,000. Of course, the savings depends on the MSRP of the car. In general, the higher the MSRP, the more the savings.

Good luck! :cheers:

#4 ·
I get X-plan through my employer. It's a great way to buy. X-plan is typically around invoice. You then get additional rebates, etc. They also waive the bogus "Documentation Fees".

#6 ·
I still have some X-Plan PINs available for 2007 that I would be happy to share with fellow Fusion lovers. :D

As noted above, this is a great way to buy. Guaranteed price close to dealer invoice with no dealer negotiating or add-on fees. Once you have a PIN, you can access Ford X-Plan pricing on a website even before you go to a dealer.

Contact me by e-mail if you want one.

#8 ·
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=92376.msg1806066#msg1806066 date=1193253808]
Can the pins you have be used on an 08 model?
[/quote]

Hi RymanH24. :wavey: Yes, the X-Plan PINS can be used for 2007 and 2008 models. You also are eligible for most (usually all) Incentive and Rebate Plans that are in place for Retail sales.

In anticipation of the next question from someone: Shelby GT 500's, Shelby GT's and certain large commercial grade Pick-ups and Vans are not eligible for X-Plan purchases.

#11 ·
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=92376.msg1806769#msg1806769 date=1193268544]
Would the E-250 be considered a "certain" type of van that you can't get the X-Plan on?
[/quote]

Hi RymanH24. :wavey: The E-250 is eligible. I just knew my shortened answer would come back to bite me in the ass. :bash: I figured "Nobody here would be interested in those big vans and trucks, so why list them all"! :lmao:

Okay, here are all of the vehicles that are currently not eligible for X-Plan purchases:

Ford
2008 Mustang Shelby GT
Mustang Shelby GT500
F-450 Chassis
F-550 and above
E-450

Jaguar
All 2007 Model Year Vehicles

Land Rover
2008 LR2
2007 LR3

This list is accurate as of today, and is the newest revision (10/3/07). However, it can change.

Hope this information helps. Good luck! :cheers:

G
#12 ·
Alright thanks. Right now my family is considering a major vehicle exchange.

My mom would like to get a cadillac, my father will be keeping his truck yet wants to buy a work van, my brother will probably get my fusion, and then I will have to buy my own Fusion. So in anyway we can save money would be a help.

#13 ·
Just a reminder that I still have some Ford X-Plan PINs available for 2007. If you are considering buying any new Ford Motor Co. product in December, I would be happy to sponsor you for a PIN. This includes Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar, and Land Rover, along with Ford/Lincoln/Mercury. :D

This is definitely a great way to buy. You get a guaranteed price that is close to dealer invoice (typically 8 - 9% below sticker price). There is no need to negotiate with the dealer, and there are no add-on fees. You also receive any incentives that are in effect, including low APR or Cash Back. Once you have a PIN, you can access Ford X-Plan pricing on a website even before you go to a dealer. You are not obligated to buy.

Feel free to contact me by e-mail if you want one. :sold:

#14 ·
Can you use the x-plan in top of the military discount?

#15 ·
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=92376.msg1881606#msg1881606 date=1196217252]
Can you use the x-plan in top of the military discount?
[/quote]

I looked on the Ford website, and do not see any mention of a military discount. I did find a $500 discount mentioned on Military.com. It appears to be done at the dealership level. I would ask your Ford dealer whether you can qualify for both this and the X-Plan together.

#16 ·
Hey, its Rymanh24. Something got messed up with my account.

Anyways, it is official and we are going to purchase a Ford.

Does anyone have any pins?

(Willing to pay money for one)

#17 ·
Hey,

I put down $1100. Doesn't make sense to go nuts with the down payment. I used the x-plan to get my 06 Fusion SEL...Sticker was like $24,600, but with the x-plan, it was knocked down to $22,585. They took off the doc fee (I think it was like $75). My monthly payments are $389/mo. for a 72 month finance, but I don't pay interest (hit a sweet Labor Day special last year! :)) Soooo...the plan definitely helps a bunch! Now add, tax, all the DMV crap, etc. Then tack on the maintenance and extended warranties they offer, window etching, remote start...all together, I hit a total of approx. $28,400 and change. Not bad.

Steph

#18 ·
O yeah...and all they asked for was a business card of my place of employment, pin # and my last paystub.

#19 ·
[quote author=KeepJeepin link=topic=92376.msg1914239#msg1914239 date=1197423004]
Hey, its Rymanh24. Something got messed up with my account.

Anyways, it is official and we are going to purchase a Ford.

Does anyone have any pins?

(Willing to pay money for one)
[/quote]

Hey KeepJeepin (or Rymanh24) -

I would be happy to sponsor you for an X-Plan PIN. No payment required. You can contact me at the e-mail link in my account.

#20 ·
Hey thanks for the offer but I am squared away with one.

Just waiting for my father to make the move.

#23 ·
The absolute best time to buy a new car is when they have the year end closeout sales. When i bought my 04 heritage style F-150 that had 5000 dollar rebates on them plus I got my employee pricing. i ended up getting that truck for about 12,000 brand new with extended warranty purchased. I think regular list price on it was around 19,000! (this was a v-6 mind you).

#25 ·
[quote author=92 5.0 link=topic=92376.msg2048684#msg2048684 date=1202252738]
How does this X-plan exactly work? Looking for a pin, buying a new SEL in the next week or two. Appreciate any info.
[/quote]

Hi 92 5.0. :wavey: Okay, let's try the short version. The X-Plan is a "Friends and Neighbors" Pricing Plan, sponsored by Ford.

There are two types of X-Plans. The Ford Employee X-Plan, and the Ford Partners X-Plan.

With the Ford Employee X-Plan, a Ford Employee has a minimum of 4 X-Plan PINS (per year) that they can give to "Friends and Neighbors" (or anyone they choose). It gives those people prearranged, no haggle pricing.

Typically, the X-Plan price on a Ford/Mercury product will be approximately $100 below "Factory Invoice" price (give or take). In addition, you still qualify for all regular, publicly available Incentives. Also, the Dealer is forbidden from charging you the added fees which they normally pack into a Sales Contract, such as "Dealer Prep", "Delivery", etc etc.

Additionally, the Dealer is required to show you the original copy of the "Factory Invoice". On that copy will be a box labeled "X-Plan". That is the X-Plan price (before qualifying Incentives are deducted). They also are required to give you a copy of that "Invoice". In this way, if you hold them to the rules, they cannot fudge the figures.

The Ford Partner X-Plan is the same pricing as the Ford Employee Plan, but is set up for Ford suppliers and other companies. It allows qualifying employees of the "Partner Company" a certain number (I think two per year) of X-Plan PINS for the use of themselves and qualifying members of their household (who's legal address is the same home).

In general, unless you are looking to purchase a slow selling vehicle which the Dealer really wants to get rid of, you will not beat X-Plan pricing by negotiating on your own.

Hope this helps explain things a bit. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.