FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long of a board can a person fit into the ford fusion whenever you fold down the front and back seats and put a piece of lumber through the trunk into the cab and touch the dashboard with one end of the board while the other end of the board touches the back of the trunk?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Uh........ok :shock:
Too trivial for me Joe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=90039.msg1738334#msg1738334 date=1190753733]
Uh........ok :shock:
Too trivial for me Joe.
[/quote]

I am sorry, I am stupid. I have a ford fusion brochure and it shows a picture of the 60/40 split-folding rear seat that folds down and it looks like in the picture that whenever you fold the seat down that it opens up to the trunk (in the picture it actually shows a suitcase in the compartment) and also in the brochure it has a picture of the trunk of the car and it looks like the the wall of the trunk that is right behind the back seat is folded down so that you can put some long object like skis in the ford fusion. I swear to you that the pictures in the ford fusion brochure makes it look like the back seat folds down and allows access into the trunk. I realize that no car maker would do this since this would cause problems with the cabin temperature of the car but I just thought that some car maker may have figured out how to handle that problem.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Take a tape measure and check.

I've hauled 12' boards in mine -- but that was with the trunk open. I only live about 3 miles from Home Depot. The trunk springs/struts held the trunk open on its own at speeds up to 45 MPH. I'm pretty sure you could get an 8' board in there. I used to be able to haul 10' inside my Freestar -- with some room to spare.

BTW -- you won't want the board touching your dash -- unless you want scratches. I always lay a blanket or towel down for protection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont have a Fusion, yet. But my 1999 Taurus is a stealth 1/2 ton. :D
I have hauled building materials up to 10 feet long.
I also happened to be at the BORG one day and found some tile on sale.
12" ceramic tile. I brought home 1100 pounds in the first trip and another 600 in the second. 450 sq ft total. (57¢ a tile on sale)

·
Registered
198 Posts
For an exact fit - get out your tape measure. I agree with a previous post - wrap both ends with a blanket or similar to prevent scratches. And try not to let it hit the winshield or any pillars or headliner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.