FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new to me 2020 Ford Fusion SEL. I purchased it with only 6,000 miles on it. It was a dealer utility car or something to that effect. It's a very nice car and I have had no issues with it other than it's lean. It sits unevenly to the drivers side. It's incredibly annoying. I want to bring this up to the dealer but I'm confident I will get the classic "we didn't notice anything" response that often comes with non-powertrain related issues. Anyone have any tips on what might cause this and what language I could use to trigger the service department to look in the right places?

It sits about 1.5 - 2 inches lower on the drivers side front. There doesn't seem to be the same issue with the rear.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
I have a brand new to me 2020 Ford Fusion SEL. I purchased it with only 6,000 miles on it. It was a dealer utility car or something to that effect. It's a very nice car and I have had no issues with it other than it's lean. It sits unevenly to the drivers side. It's incredibly annoying. I want to bring this up to the dealer but I'm confident I will get the classic "we didn't notice anything" response that often comes with non-powertrain related issues. Anyone have any tips on what might cause this and what language I could use to trigger the service department to look in the right places?

It sits about 1.5 - 2 inches lower on the drivers side front. There doesn't seem to be the same issue with the rear.

Thanks!
Hi mcen. Some things that could cause that type of issue would be problems with the suspension/spring/strut.

Make a service appointment and bring it in. Bring a measuring tape and show them the issue. Hard to claim "we didn't notice anything" if you show it to them.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mcen. Some things that could cause that type of issue would be problems with the suspension/spring/strut.

Make a service appointment and bring it in. Bring a measuring tape and show them the issue. Hard to claim "we didn't notice anything" if you show it to them.

Keep us updated and good luck.
That's a great idea, thank you!
I scheduled my appointment so I will be sure to update the thread when I have more to share.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a great idea, thank you!
I scheduled my appointment so I will be sure to update the thread when I have more to share.
mcen1999 - what did you find out about your lean? My 2016 Fusion S just started the LF lean recently. Everything ‘looks’ tight on the strut mount, spring, and suspension. I suppose it could just be wearing after 67k miles. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts