FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Haven't heard of it running on pure E85.. It runs fine on sunoco which is 10% ethanol, however from the research that has been done, ethanol gives worse gas mileage than gas, and is worse for the environment, so I steer away from it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nope -- and I don't see the reason why anyone would want to as well.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The only E85 capable Fusion will happen with the next gen Fusion, and may only be seen in the Hybrid Gen3 system. Don't expect to run it in your car without prolonged negative effects.

·
Registered
933 Posts
and a 50% decrease in mileage.....

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
My wifes 07 Dodge Dakota V8 is an E85 truck. The milage does go down but for the price diff in gas it does pay to use it when we are by a station that sell it (about 20 miles from were i live) plust the performance is great with the E85. if i remember right it is like 109 octane or something. Before i got rid of my 85 mustang i was going to switch the carb over for an E85 carb because of the octane rating. There are guys out there making a ton of power using it. Right now he gets about 15MPG (mostly in town driving) and when we fill up with E85 it drops to about 12MPG but you are talking about a .60 savings per gallon. Right now gas is $2.55 for 89 octane 10% Ethanol and E85 is $1.95.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Interesting. I didn't know that high of octane of E85. I have no experience with it. I've just read a few articles in C&D, etc.

I know all you corn-raising Iowans love the stuff :D. My sister lives in Spirit Lake. He husband has a large farm.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
ya i love the stuff i have been running the 10% 89 ro 90 octane since i got my lic. Right now i am getting right at 25 MPG in the fusion and the is a 50 50 split between hwy and city. The 10% is 10 cents cheaper than the 87 octane normal fuel. Then there is normal fuel 91 or 92 depending on were you go to get it. When i get my tuner i will switch to 92.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.