FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 ford fusion
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I bought an Android radio from China that comes with canbus and wires exactly for my car
But unfortunately it is not connected to my car. Where can I buy a canbus that will work on my car as well as wire?

PS My car is equipped with Sony premium audio system

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Hello I bought an Android radio from China that comes with canbus and wires exactly for my car
But unfortunately it is not connected to my car. Where can I buy a canbus that will work on my car as well as wire?

PS My car is equipped with Sony premium audio system
Hi Sergigeorgia. Normally I would recommend using Crutchfield to get the hardware you need: Crutchfield: Car Stereo and Audio, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, TVs

However, in this case, your screen name leads me to believe you may not be located in the US. If you are located in the US, call Crutchfield. If not, I am not sure where you can get the necessary components.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2011 ford fusion
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my poor English. I live in Georgia. Can I contact Crutchfield via online chat?

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my poor English. I live in Georgia. Can I contact Crutchfield via online chat?
Hi sergio. Your English is fine. I assumed you were in Georgia by your screen name and the flag you displayed.

Try the Crutchfield link I included in my previous reply, and see if you can contact them via chat.

Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I assume that it is like an "Americas" spec Fusion, and not European (not a hatchback).

Most aftermarket radios don't actually ship with wiring harness adapters or specifically for Fords, the CANBUS connection to actually provide power.

This shows some of the specs, like wire color, but don't really show pin outs. This is for the Sony Premium sound.

It really does take a dedicated wiring adapter since the "radio" (head unit, ACM) doesn't actually have power when in run (it only has an always hot power and when in start). You can run your own wire to the fuse box to a circuit that is hot in run, but most wiring adapters also get the CANBUS signal that would turn it on and actually provide power.

Something like the PAC RP4-FD11 or the Metra/Axxess AXDI-FD1

You can go to crutchfield.com and car audio, what fits my car, put in your specs, and it will show you want the sell and what would be needed.

·
Registered
2011 ford fusion
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I contacted crutchfield online chat. They recommended the PAC RP4-FD11 with its harness. I think it will work on my Chinese radio? It is an 8-core Android system with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. 10.1 inch Qled screen

·
Registered
2011 ford fusion
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assume that it is like an "Americas" spec Fusion, and not European (not a hatchback).

Most aftermarket radios don't actually ship with wiring harness adapters or specifically for Fords, the CANBUS connection to actually provide power.

This shows some of the specs, like wire color, but don't really show pin outs. This is for the Sony Premium sound.

It really does take a dedicated wiring adapter since the "radio" (head unit, ACM) doesn't actually have power when in run (it only has an always hot power and when in start). You can run your own wire to the fuse box to a circuit that is hot in run, but most wiring adapters also get the CANBUS signal that would turn it on and actually provide power.

Something like the PAC RP4-FD11 or the Metra/Axxess AXDI-FD1

You can go to crutchfield.com and car audio, what fits my car, put in your specs, and it will show you want the sell and what would be needed.
Yes it is an American sedan which is equipped with Sony's premium audio system and amplifier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts