FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
Good call, I assumed they are the chrome capped ones, but an SE has the hub cap on the steel wheel, so maybe not.

I went with the cheapest M12x1.5 tapered seat closed end hex (not tuner style splined) chrome solid ones I could find. I replaced them on 3 different Fords (2012 Fusion, 2015 Fusion, 2017 Escape).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMJNT34 they were cheaper and from a different seller when I got them.

Costco screwed mine up and I got the same deal, they wouldn't do rotations unless I replaced them.

I know they suck, the capped ones, but not where I live. I have 26 year old cars with them still and they are fine. They can expand if you live where it frequently is humid and rains and stuff.

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
Yeah, all Fusions except the 2017+ Sport and MKZ have the M12x1.5 and 19mm hex. The Sport with the 2.7 GTDI and 2017+ MKZ have M14x1.5 which are more likely to have the 21mm (13/16) hex.

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
What wheels do you have, steel wheels with the silver cover? How do they not fit? Is that step for attaching the wheel covers?

That lug nut is a mag/flat seat. I have a set of them for the spare tire from a Lincoln LS.

The steel wheel that takes that flat seat looks like this, no tapered seat on the wheel (and these are hub centric):

And this is what all but a few of my Fords lug holes look like (my 2000 Expedition took mag/flat seat style lugs with the aluminum wheels it has):

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
Maybe that is why I see so many running around minus the wheel covers, those are expensive suckers. Around $6 a piece, finding sets of 10 for $60-110 in eBay. I had a car that took specific lug nuts for mounting a center cap, luckily they were similar in price to the regular ones, or it would have been bye bye center caps.

Dorman part number 611306
OEM is BE5Z1012A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts