FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some guidance here, I changed my all brake pads in May/2022 so a week ago after I heard some noise I checked it only one was totally ruined, the Rear Driver Side external piece, so after one day I checked it again I feel the Rear Driver Side was hotter them passenger Driver Side, I did not remove the wheel yet, but my guest the pad is stuck on the rotor.

I am not mechanical but this is not the first time I change the pads, could you guys give some direction please?

· Registered
64 Posts
I have been doing brake jobs on my vehisules and friend's cars for the last 30 years. I should be on the ball . Yet, twice I installed a pad , backing plate facing the rotor instead of friction material facing the rotor. You might want to check for this possible blunder.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been doing brake jobs on my vehisules and friend's cars for the last 30 years. I should be on the ball . Yet, twice I installed a pad , backing plate facing the rotor instead of friction material facing the rotor. You might want to check for this possible blunder.
Thank you for your answer the pad I removed last week was on the correct 'face", for "new" installed I will check it today to be sure.

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
It is likely that the slide pin is not allowing the caliper to slide correctly, either it is sticking with the pad always touching the rotor, or it is isn't allowing the other pad to contact the rotor.

I have this issue currently with the passenger front inboard pad. The slide and hardware I got was not correct so I had to reuse the original, and I think the rubber is expanded.

I am doing what I wanted to do originally, upgrading to the MazdaSpeed6 larger calipers and rotors, but if I got the proper caliper slide hardware I am sure it would also solve it for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts