FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s no aftermarket tail lights for the fusion 1st gen but I have made some clear lights for it with black surrounds instead of factory chrome, all you have to do is separate the the lenses and some screws holding in place the chrome and red reflectors. Of course you can paint it however you would like but I highly recommend led turn lamps and the side markers. Pictures don’t give it as good as in person. Also I did remove the reflectors, because I was not able to remove the red painted surface, unsure if I was doing it wrong, or if it was casted all with red plastic. You do have to reseal the lenses, I used generic black 3M adhesive.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Sky
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Car Automotive side-view mirror
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
168 Posts
I hope your local rules are more lax than all the states I have lived in, and your police don't use simple infractions as a means to stop you.

Most states require some sort of red reflector, I don't think your CHMSL counts, and I think that 2 are required in most states. That is why most cars now have those ugly reflectors in the bumper, and some have turn signals there, because there are rules on height of the reflectors as well.

I ripped apart a Gen 1.5 tail light to tint, but it was too dark, and I find that negating a safety feature is silly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope your local rules are more lax than all the states I have lived in, and your police don't use simple infractions as a means to stop you.

Most states require some sort of red reflector, I don't think your CHMSL counts, and I think that 2 are required in most states. That is why most cars now have those ugly reflectors in the bumper, and some have turn signals there, because there are rules on height of the reflectors as well.

I ripped apart a Gen 1.5 tail light to tint, but it was too dark, and I find that negating a safety feature is silly.
I appreciate your response, if I get anything like a warning or even ticked I’ll find some clean style reflectors. Thank you

·
Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
168 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of it, and with red bulbs I am sure it does the tail and brake/turn lighting just fine. The 2010-2012 one I ripped apart is similar but it includes a chrome honey comb sandwiched in it. There was one at the junk yard that was already broken so I tore into it first. The park/side lamp on them is a small strip of LEDs already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts