FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2013 Ford Fusion 1.6 liter EcoBoost and it’s has multiple random misfire. New plugs motocraft and coils replaced o2 sensors and fuel pump in tank. Cars in limp mode. Don’t know what to do.
the car say for ayear and a half due to a plug breaking off we got that fixed now everything has gone wrong. I can’t afford professional diagnostic services

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
We have a 2013 Ford Fusion 1.6 liter EcoBoost and it’s has multiple random misfire. New plugs motocraft and coils replaced o2 sensors and fuel pump in tank. Cars in limp mode. Don’t know what to do.
the car say for ayear and a half due to a plug breaking off we got that fixed now everything has gone wrong. I can’t afford professional diagnostic services
Hi Floramae. A Check Engine or other warning lights illuminated? You can try having the OBDII system read for any stored DTC error codes. Most big box auto stores, such as AutoZone, Advance Auto etc., will read codes for free. Then you can Google the codes or post them here for help.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eco-boost engines use direct injection in many cases at around 45k miles or higher the valves get covered up with thick carbon and cause misfires and other issues. I would start by checking the valves to see how bad thry are. This is common as the valves no longer get fuel baths like thry once did to help keep them clean. This cleaning needs to be done by a good Ford mechanic. If done incorrectly it can damage the engine or turbos. I would get this confirmed:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts