FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for those with the 2013/14 fusions knows that across the ponds in there are cars called Mondeo's that are like ours. And as some more into the know, know you can get the optional Ford Dynamic LED headlamps for them (it's a model level thing i think too)

Now nobody truly knows how they are hooked up, or how integrated they are in the car. I'm almost thinking they may even hooked up to the Low Speed Can-Bus system, which if true isn't that hard make happen, just got to know where to tie in.

Now that i am in China, and if i can get the dealership to print out an wiring diagram on how they are hooked up (and possibly a pair of connecters?:undecided:) should i bring home a pair or not. hmm decisions. it'll be the most expensive "experiment" i have done on a car to date!

Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well finally got onto Helminc.com, and they seem to have the electrical manual for the 2013 Fusion!! Sent a email to them and ask if one can print the wiring diagrams on their online service. so we'll see.

Note: The turn signals on the Ford Dynamic LED headlights in China don't seem to have the sequential aspect like shown on the show cars / display headlight unit that you can see on youtube. Maybe it's a European feature or just for show? they still look good thou :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It you could find a way to make these work, i'm sure a LOT of people will be making the switch. The LED's on the MKZ over here are stunning.
Well right now i'm still debating on bringing back to Canada a Pair or not. Odds are yes, but we'll have to wait and see. It's looking good thou

Well the guy we are dealing with at the dealership is "working" on getting the diagrams and such for me, got to make a call again today to probe him to get moving since tomorrow is my last day here!.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
End of the day a led headlight can simply be connected to the vehicle regardless of the vehicles current wiring. As long as the headlights and power pack are there.. You could even slap em on a golf cart!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
End of the day a led headlight can simply be connected to the vehicle regardless of the vehicles current wiring. As long as the headlights and power pack are there.. You could even slap em on a golf cart!
Um have you looked into the Ford Dynamic LED headlamps in the 2013/14 European/Chinese market mondeos? There's more to them then plugging them in, it is a bit more then a BULB swap:winker:

They are operated differently from the NA versions, where there is a module on the housing itself to control the aspects on the LED operation and also will need to be hooked up to the low speed CAN-Bus signal to work correctly (the dynamic LED headlights are adaptive) doesn't make them instantly plug and play into a NA car, does the stock NA cars have the low speed CAN-Bus signal heading to the headlights?

Also never mind the fact we also dealing with two different markets here, just because they are basically the same doesn't mean anything on wiring is the same. Pin 1 on the NA housing can be ground where as In The Chinese one Pin 1 can be the Low Speed CAN-Bus high signal input. Just a possible sample.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And add the above :)

And here the other thing about getting the CAN-Bus side work, Luckily if I remember correct it's a world standard but! Are the module IDs the same between the NA and Chinese markets for say the steering wheel model and ABS/stability (or where ever ford gets their speed signal from)

The heads will be looking for a string. Coming from certain ID to determine speed and steering angle to change the aspects of the headlights (low beam)

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
You're missing the point.

Direct plug and play.. Perhaps not. I'm not sure if they are horizontal and vertical adapting.. But end of the day It's just wires and tips.

Seriously, it's not rocket science.

And fyi I don't do bulb swaps. I do retrofits ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm sorry maybe you misunderstand what I'm trying to get out of this swap, I want to try and make it work as if it came from the factory. I am also not risking trying to hook up a $500/side headlight without wiring diagrams, since they don't come with pin assignments on the back of the housings.

Also before you get too belittling towards me (which I personally feel is already happening), I do know more then the average person about wiring things up, My job requires me to make full chassis harnesses for the cars that I build, along with modifying other OEM engine harnesses to integrate into our chassis harnesses and have it all work as in the OEM application without any malfunction codes. So I know my way around automotive wiring and how to get things to work :)

Just cause I ask for diagrams / schematics doesn't mean I don't know exactly what I'm going, just that I want to do it right the first time.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Wiring diagrams are pretty easy to obtain. Unless you're looking for free source.

I get trying to make it like factory but one doesn't fully need to do so. But I get what you're saying because you don't want to shoot 12 volts to an unprotected 5v sensor !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wiring diagrams are pretty easy to obtain. Unless you're looking for free source.
Well I'm not exactly looking for a free source, just a source. Since the 2013/14 fusions are still a reasonably NEW car still under WARRENTY there won't be much in the shop manuals and EVTMs (if they even case that these days)

Alldata has nothing on 2013 Fords nevermind having a fusion as a model options (least not in the DYI section) and I can't get onto Helms who was (is?) the publisher for Ford shop manuals AND EVTMs for years (what the dealerships used before going digital)

So yah, do you know where I can get this schematics easily? I would love to know :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well sad news on this project.

Initially went to the dealership and asked about the headlamps, Was quoted a price for the pair and said they were in STOCK!

Well finally got a call back from them saying they can get me the plug and wiring for the back, but the price for the headlamps went up in price and were one week out!!

At the initial price quote i was willing to take a chance, but damn now i don't think so.

:( and i was looking forward to trying them out too :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
What were they asking anyways?
I know i edited my last post (which is bluntly obvious) but that was posted out of depression / Anger, and it wasn't that close of the an increase, but differently put it out of my comfortable experiment price range and put them to be on par with what you can get them online for!

My In-laws said if they didn't work out, i could of send them back to them and they would try and sell them to help me recoup my loses thou.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now for those with the 2013/14 fusions knows that across the ponds in there are cars called Mondeo's that are like ours. And as some more into the know, know you can get the optional Ford Dynamic LED headlamps for them (it's a model level thing i think too)

Now nobody truly knows how they are hooked up, or how integrated they are in the car. I'm almost thinking they may even hooked up to the Low Speed Can-Bus system, which if true isn't that hard make happen, just got to know where to tie in.

Now that i am in China, and if i can get the dealership to print out an wiring diagram on how they are hooked up (and possibly a pair of connecters?:undecided:) should i bring home a pair or not. hmm decisions. it'll be the most expensive "experiment" i have done on a car to date!

Kevin
Hi um on a situation on i have decides to Change my normal halogen headligths to full led anyone now where i can find a wiring harnes to convert this situation?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts