FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ford is once again teaming up with EAA AirVenture to build a special Mustang.

Starting with a 2015 Mustang, the American automaker will draw inspiration from the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, outfitting the custom car with a glossy and matte titanium paint scheme accented by blue and yellow graphics. Giving the 2015 Mustang a more aggressive stance will be a carbon fiber front splitter and rear diffuser. Inside, expect to see a set of Recaro racing seats and various F-35 Lightning II design elements.

The one-off vehicle will be auctioned off at the Gathering of Eagles charity event at EAA AirVenture and the proceeds will be donated to the EAA Young Eagles program. The non-profit organization has provided free flights to nearly two-million people since 1992, helping create a new generation of aviation enthusiasts and innovators.
For more details about the story, Ford Building Custom Mustang F-35 for Charity please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Making a mustang after the most failed aircraft this country has ever wasted money on? Great Idea. Cool i guess but they could have named it after a more successful aircraft, like the A-10 Warthog.

·
Registered
475 Posts
"Failed"? Are you kidding? Do not believe what the Liberal controlled media tells you. The F-35 combines the 5th Generation characteristics of radar evading stealth, supersonic speed and extreme agility with the most powerful and comprehensive integrated sensor package of any fighter aircraft in history. The F-35’s built-in sustainment establishes new levels of operational readiness. Aircraft share common parts, support equipment and technical data, yielding greater reliability and long-term cost savings.
Really, don't you think our country and out allies need such a fighter?

·
Registered
47 Posts
"Failed"? Are you kidding? Do not believe what the Liberal controlled media tells you. The F-35 combines the 5th Generation characteristics of radar evading stealth, supersonic speed and extreme agility with the most powerful and comprehensive integrated sensor package of any fighter aircraft in history. The F-35’s built-in sustainment establishes new levels of operational readiness. Aircraft share common parts, support equipment and technical data, yielding greater reliability and long-term cost savings.
Really, don't you think our country and out allies need such a fighter?
I'm more of an F-22/A-10 guy. The F35 is sweet but I remember reading somewhere that it's been grounded.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The F-22 is a better aircraft, but the powers that be decided it was just too expensive. I don't agree, but there isn't anything you can do about it now, Obama got his way. F-35 has had a few development problems, but that's to be expected when you are building and designing something this complex. Recently, one engine (out of 100s) had a minor problem, and just to err on the safe side the Air Force told them they could not fly overseas to attend an airshow in England. The planes were not "grounded", but I'm sure that's the word the news monkeys used, just to make things sound worse than they really were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts