FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It just let me login. Downloading now!

If I remember correctly it will add applink to any 2010+ Sony nav sync head units. I'm hoping for pandora and slacker support.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Oh man this looks great! My biggest pet peeve was that Bluetooth audio was never the default option. I always have to switch it from Sync Audio to bluetooth. Has anyone installed this yet?

Edit: Just installed it on my Sync (no nav-voice). Works great! Metadata now displays when playing bluetooth (even works for podcasts) and the AUX defaults to the last mode now (usually BT for me). I haven't tried any Applink apps yet. Happy with the update so far!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ran the update today! FINALLY my Android works well with SYNC. Spotify, music, etc all work and show up on the screen, as well as text messaging. I will never buy an iPhone.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So far so good with the update thus far. I agree the ringtone is a nice addition. Windows phone here.

I quietly hoped for a fix on the limits for voice driven commands on USB drives with large music collections. Just for fun I connected a 500GB portable USB hard drive loaded with 68,000 MP3s. SYNC can't index them all and I have no voice commands either. But, based on previous discussions I knew that was going to be the case. The SYNC update did nothing to fix this as expected.

How do you know what apps are compatible with Applink?
Vidmo

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I noticed that Next Track no longer works with Pandora and it takes longer to start playing music on startup now. It may be related to my new thumbdrive though; old one finally crapped out on me.

I agree, I wish SYNC were a little better at handling libraries. My biggest gripe is that, let's say I have two songs called 'One Night Stand'. I want to hear the Hinder version, but when I say Play Track One Night Stand, it plays the Fallzone version. The only way to get the one I want is Play Artist Hinder, followed by skipping 30 songs

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Looked into this today. I installed the update but sync seems to work the same as before other then now it shows the name of songs. I looked online and it shows applink is not avialable for Fusions 2011 and lower. Either that or it's our crappy Canadian cell network. Our cell network doesn't allow me to upload maps from Google maps either.

Is there something I need to download on my phone? (IPhone 5s)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just saw this, and as it happens my wife is driving my car for the next week or two ... in California. D'Oh!

I downloaded the update, but will have to wait to install it. Being able to see the music track info instead of 'bluetooth connection' will be nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed this update back in April as well when the car was my wifes. Now it's mine (she just got a 2012 Exploder) and I still can't get the thing to default connect to Bluetooth! It always reverts to line in. Then when I hit the line in button to switch to bluetooth, it starts the default music app on the phone, not Amazon music (Prime member). Anyone else seeing something like that?

EDIT:
I just confirmed I am running DR3T-14D544-AF, which is the latest, and I see one of the "features" is...
Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle
Damn, mine always defaults to Line In when I start the car though... Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed this update back in April as well when the car was my wifes. Now it's mine (she just got a 2012 Exploder) and I still can't get the thing to default connect to Bluetooth! It always reverts to line in. Then when I hit the line in button to switch to bluetooth, it starts the default music app on the phone, not Amazon music (Prime member). Anyone else seeing something like that?

EDIT:
I just confirmed I am running DR3T-14D544-AF, which is the latest, and I see one of the "features" is...
Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle
Damn, mine always defaults to Line In when I start the car though... Any help appreciated!
Hey dlphnfn,

I'm just the person to help! Shoot me a PM with your VIN, so we can get started.

Shaay

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just saw this, and as it happens my wife is driving my car for the next week or two ... in California. D'Oh!

I downloaded the update, but will have to wait to install it. Being able to see the music track info instead of 'bluetooth connection' will be nice.
I like seeing the currently playing song from my phone on BlueTooth, unfortunately it's only correct if I'm using the default media player on the phone. In Pandora, instead of showing the music info text, I either see the next song information on the LG G2's music player, or "Paused" even after closing out the G2's music app. My guess is that it's a phone issue; has anyone with a different phone brand seen that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an LG G3 and I see the same. I keep meaning to hook up one of my old HTC phones, but I still haven't done it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installed the update in my 12. I love seeing the track information(and it works for Pandora as well).

But there's one thing that makes me very, very angry. I hate electronic nannies. Anybody who supports making them mandatory needs a punch to the throat. Since I installed the update, I get a reminder EVERY TIME that I get in the car that 911 assist is turned off. It's irritating, it pauses the music for 20-30 seconds, and I have it disabled on purpose. I also have it set to off without reminder, yet the reminder persists.

If the person who made that decision reads this forum, go get bent.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts