FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
App-link is still not available on the MFT vehicles...this is for non-MFT vehicles and it is adding model years 2010 and earlier.

·
Registered
69 Posts
"The Sync AppLink update will be available for download later this year."
Oh how I hope this doesn't mean December.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It... probably does. Or Ford will just quietly deny ever announcing this.

It's funny how the new Malibu has the 'read your texts out loud' feature and people are all OMG HOW AWESOME. And I'm just... 'Ford did that. Years ago. Nobody cared. It's a gimmick.'

I just hope for some performance enhancement and better voice flexibility. What I'd REALLY like is to be able to specify a song AND artist. Play song by artist.
Let's say I want to hear 'Stutter' by Mariana's Trench. I can't just say Play Track Stutter, because it'll play Stutter by Adelita's Way. I don't want to say Play Artist Mariana's Trench and skip past 30 songs to hear Stutter....

·
Registered
420 Posts
i told my sync to play "thrift shot" probably about 8 times before just grabbing my phone and tapping on the song because it would keep playing songs that were the farthest thing from being anything close to what i was asking it to do.. even when i hit the media button and say play usb, i ll have to say it many times sometimes because its too stupid to understand me. i hope they update its voice recognition software, sync has always had this problem for years and years though

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would just like to be able to compose a text message via voice. Right now it will read a text message and let me reply via voice, but I have no way of composing one initially.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i havent tried sending a text through sync, but if you have an iphone connected and you hit sync does it start a composition or is that where the problem lies. i wonder if siri will read over the speaker if you just hold the home button say if its just sitting in the cup holder where its easy to just reach down without looking and hold. or if it means you need to yell because only the phone mic will hear you

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
I hardly drive my fusion so I often forget what all sync can do. But from experience it seems to function much better than the uconnect system in the ram..always having issues with that system.

·
Registered
420 Posts
ju8st gave it another shot to see if i missed anything and the only way to compose a text is if *for me anyways* you hold the home button on the iphone to bring up siri or whatever your phones version of siri is.. and it will run through the car speakers as long as your bluetooth is connected. so you just compose as if you were out of the car, but your hitting a button on the steering wheel to make a command, my phone sits in the cup holder or the change holder infront of the gear shifter so holding it for two seconds is a non look motion regardless

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have no hope for reading text messages because of the phone I have. LG's G2 connects fine in every way except that. Yay Android, I guess. I could look around to see if there's a rooted fix, but I just don't wanna. Certainly not going to buy a phone as an accessory to my car. For now I'll read 'em when I'm stopped & reply when I'm parked.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The way it works right now if I get a text; Sync will read it out loud to me and then give me the option to reply via text using only voice commands. It's great to be able to do that and never even have to touch the phone or even the steering button wheel for that matter.

I just wish I could initiate a text message in the same manner.

All they need to do is to add the action for it. Instead of "Push Sync button" and "Call xxx" just use "Push Sync button" and "Text xxx". But one can only hope.

PS: I just looked to SynchMyride for my vehicle and there is still no update yet.

Vidmo

·
Registered
76 Posts
If 2010+ Fusions actually got an update for the basic SYNC, I'd shit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish they'd update Sync so it would display Bluetooth metadata. It's crazy that this wasn't implemented in Sync originally, it's been around since the mid-2000's or earlier.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just an update on this thread... no new updates for Gen1 Synch. Still at v3.1

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The update's available! Changelog

Looks like it adds text message support to many more phones -- my Incredible 4G LTE with an aftermarket firmware (Cyanogenmod -- Lollipop) now supports texting.
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing this and the screen shot because I wouldn't have known about the update. It's been probably 6 months since I last checked it. Damn the luck though I can't login. So I called customer service and there is a known issue with their website. They suggested I try again in the morning, ugh! I guess if I've waited over 12 months for the update another day won't kill me!

·
Registered
878 Posts
The update's available! Changelog

Looks like it adds text message support to many more phones -- my Incredible 4G LTE with an aftermarket firmware (Cyanogenmod -- Lollipop) now supports texting.
Just wondering, does my 2012 Fusion Sport w/ nav have applink? Also, I haven't looked into it, but does anyone know if there are been any software or firmware updates for my car?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts