FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking through the accessories I noticed a new addition.

HD Radio Receiver, w/iPod® Connectivity
Part Number: A7FCS-HDRADIO-B
MSRP: $299.00

If anyone can get the dealer cost on this so I know what my markup would be that would be great since I get 20% above dealer cost. The dealership doesn't show it available yet in their system. But depends when they update I suppose.

·
Registered
505 Posts
20% above cost doesn't sound like it would be much cheaper than full retail. how much do dealers usually mark up accessories?

IMO even if you could get it for $200 it still sounds too expensive to be worth buying. you could buy a nice aftermarket stereo with both of those features built-in for that price (and it would sound better too ;))

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most dealers markup is around 40 -70%. I believe employee's of a dealership pay 10% above cost. It may vary from dealership to dealership.

My cost for the radio is $230.00. Which the only thing I miss about the radio I have is no Ipod hookup and I would like the HD radio station pickup as a plus.

Your right there are aftermarket radios that sound better. But none look better than the stock or have a in dash 6 disk player. I like the sound of the stock radio with the premium system. I would merely change out the stock speakers in the future and add a powered sub in the back for a little extra thump.

I leave all the heavy hitting for my suv stereo system. Which is going to get carpc type system upgrade early next year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry if you already know this .It is not a radio but an add on to your existing radio that picks up HD. Look down they also have a model with Ipod hookup.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Your right there are aftermarket radios that sound better. But none look better than the stock or have a in dash 6 disk player. I like the sound of the stock radio with the premium system. I would merely change out the stock speakers in the future and add a powered sub in the back for a little extra thump.
+1

That's what I did and it sounds great.

So you're saying that I can get an HD add on to the stock system with an Ipod hookup for 250 bucks? It's not even a whole new system, just an add on?? What a rip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts