FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...how many inches of clearance does the body kit allow to the ground? Better yet, how many inches does the body kit drop from the body of the car? I am considering dropping my car as well as getting a body kit, but I am afraid that would make my car too low to the ground. I would sh** a brick big as a 20 inch rim if I turn into an inclinded driveway and scratch or possibly crack the front body. :lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=90031.msg1737991#msg1737991 date=1190746827]
...how many inches of clearance does the body kit allow to the ground? Better yet, how many inches does the body kit drop from the body of the car? I am considering dropping my car as well as getting a body kit, but I am afraid that would make my car too low to the ground. I would sh** a brick big as a 20 inch rim if I turn into an inclinded driveway and scratch or possibly crack the front body. :lol:
[/quote] :werd:

·
Registered
26 Posts
[/quote]

I have the razzi kit on my car. The sides are about 3 in. from the ground. I would put the kit on. These cars look 100% better than all the rest by my place. As for the front its about 5 in off the ground. rear as plenrty of clearance.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=SVTFuse link=topic=90031.msg1738418#msg1738418 date=1190756437]
[/quote]

I have the razzi kit on my car. The sides are about 3 in. from the ground. I would put the kit on. These cars look 100% better than all the rest by my place. As for the front its about 5 in off the ground. rear as plenrty of clearance.
[/quote]

So, I guess the question I have now is have you dropped your car with springs, and if so, how many inches did you drop? 5 inches on the front? :thinking: I know it looks good, but that driveway at the nearby Sonic and Family Dollar that I usually go to have a dip and incline to their driveway. I may just decrease the drop I want form 1.6 to maybe 1. I will be getting the springs first, so I will determine then. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I work for a local company in KC and we do alot of packages for the dealers. We do the 3dCarbon kits with the Eibach Pro Kit and a 245/35/20 and we have yet to have anyone complain of the car being too low or dragging. It still leaves plenty of clearance on the kit, just do it, if you are concerned about a steep driveway, take it at a slight angle and drive slow. You will be fine!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I will try it as soon as the money began to bloom. :)

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=90031.msg1740173#msg1740173 date=1190824545]
I will try it as soon as the money began to bloom. :)
[/quote]

LOL, good thing you're in the south, the growing season lasts pretty much all year :lol:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lmao: Must not be the right season for my money though.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=90031.msg1742548#msg1742548 date=1190901403]
:lmao: Must not be the right season for my money though.
[/quote]
Mines not blooming either......must be the drought or something :shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=90031.msg1738452#msg1738452 date=1190757522]
[quote author=SVTFuse link=topic=90031.msg1738418#msg1738418 date=1190756437]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So, I guess the question I have now is have you dropped your car with springs, and if so, how many inches did you drop? 5 inches on the front? :thinking: I know it looks good, but that driveway at the nearby Sonic and Family Dollar that I usually go to have a dip and incline to their driveway. I may just decrease the drop I want form 1.6 to maybe 1. I will be getting the springs first, so I will determine then. Thanks for the info.

I have bottomed out a few times but that was because i was goin down a curb too fast. The front spoiler when i park up by a parking bloc has about an inch or so. I haven't lowered my car yet but when i do i have to be more careful than i already am. Good luck on your project.

[/quote]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in MA and i want to get the 3D Carbon Body kit but its already fall and winter is just around the corner. What I am worried about it when I get the body kit, if anything will happen to it from the snow. Will it be too low that it will cause damage? Does anyone else live in a snow - filled winter that has a body kit?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you would turn the Fusion into a snow plow. :lol: How many inches of snow do you usually get there?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Mois22...welcome to the Forums...I also live in Ma. & installed my Razzi bod kit myself last xmas & have had no problems with it in regards to winter weather here in New England. Granted...I don't make it a point to drive threw frozen snow banks @ the end of my driveway in the mornings left by the plow during the nite...but normal daily driving even on snowy days has not been an issue as of yet. I also have OEM springs...but am researching the Roush/Ford Fusion Sport Springs along with the 08 Fusion Sport Package strut/shock setup @ my dealer for a 'factory install' so as not to void the warranty....1 of this winters projects.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice. Good to know cuz i want to put a body kit on it but didn't know whether or not to wait. As far as the amount of snow, we can get anywhere from 5'' - 24''. Its new england, we never know.

·
Registered
832 Posts
if you get a duaflex kit or urithane body kit it will be more resiliant to cracks and stuff, not sure what the razzi is made from but I've been hounding the hpamotorsports guys to build their kit they've been doing a interest survey on for the last month or so and hopefully they will make one for me... and as for inclined driveways and stuff just go at them at an angle to avoid hitting anything if the car is to low.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.