FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. I got mine installed, definately a big improvement over the stock sound in the car.

My question is, the place I went to frequently installs magnaflow systems, and they said that it is common for the left exhaust to stick out a little more than the right exhaust on the rear of the car. Is this true for anyone else? My left side is sticking out about 1/2" further than the right side. Looks great from behind when looking directly at the system, but it does look a little weird looking from the left side of teh car to the right.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, I can't honestly answer this question correctly, but couldn't they have modified it somehow, maybe shorten a joint 1.5" to accomodate that? That extra length sticking out would bother me like a tick!!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think shortening a joint would do it. Because the magnaflow hangers are welded on to it, and even if the joint was shortened, the weld would still stay the same and you wouldn't be able to pull the exhaust further out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=91785.msg1782228#msg1782228 date=1192459998]
Hey.. I got mine installed, definately a big improvement over the stock sound in the car.

My question is, the place I went to frequently installs magnaflow systems, and they said that it is common for the left exhaust to stick out a little more than the right exhaust on the rear of the car. Is this true for anyone else? My left side is sticking out about 1/2" further than the right side. Looks great from behind when looking directly at the system, but it does look a little weird looking from the left side of teh car to the right.
[/quote]My bad, just noticed that youhave a V6 :dur: Strange nonetheless, hope you get a good answer or explanation,

:cheers:

Gov

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=91785.msg1782637#msg1782637 date=1192467614]
I dont think shortening a joint would do it. Because the magnaflow hangers are welded on to it, and even if the joint was shortened, the weld would still stay the same and you wouldn't be able to pull the exhaust further out.
[/quote]

Oh, my bad.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Governator link=topic=91785.msg1782831#msg1782831 date=1192471962]

[/quote]My bad, just noticed that you have a V6 :dur: Strange nonetheless, hope you get a good answer or explanation,

:cheers:

Gov
[/quote]

Nice... My car is the V6 version, and I dont know if this is normal or night, on the V6 it looks a little, well... goofy.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Myright side was sticking out a little, I took it back and they fixed it, so now they are even. I only was able to use the mufflers on mine though.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts

[/quote]

I have the same issue on my Zephyr(so it could be normal although it shouldnt be) with the same exhaust. Im pretty sure there should be some way to fix it but I havent went back to do it yet. Just been ignoring it for the most part.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=91785.msg1789744#msg1789744 date=1192671373]

[/quote]

I have the same issue on my Zephyr(so it could be normal although it shouldnt be) with the same exhaust. Im pretty sure there should be some way to fix it but I havent went back to do it yet. Just been ignoring it for the most part.
[/quote]

I think the only way to fix it is to pull the right side out slightly more, which I tried to do myself, but they clamped the damn pipe so tight it was hard as hell to pull off just using my jackstands.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I just noticed this thread... My driver side tip sticks out maybe 1/4-1/2 inches further than the passenger side, but my passenger side hangs slightly lower. It did this with the stock exhaust as well. Not sure what is causing this.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I got mine installed in november and when I installed it, it did the same thing. what I did to fix it was loosen the muffler clamp on the one that was sticking out less and slid it to where it was even, i still have a perfect seal at that joint and it looks even, so if you installed everything to where the pipes were pressed as far as they will go, it will look like that but if you slide out the recessed one to make it even it will not leak and will look even.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts