FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just added an amp (4 channel) to run my front components and rear coaxs. wow. amazing. incredible. I have always known that you need to run an amp for components, but i heard it adds just a bit more emph and clarity. Whoever I heard that from is a renob (yeah for you kids that remember renob: boner backwards). I thought by having my sub in the trunk it would replace that little emph. It did, but i lacked in the crispness the amp provides to my fronts and rears.

I originally tried a 2 channel amp with some 6x9s (low pass crossover) in the rear deck and it added just a bit. Very dissapointed. Returned the 2 channel amp and got a 4 channel to run the fronts and rears. Outperformed the 6x9s in the rear deck ten-fold. On top of that, my imaging and clarity with the added crossovers, low and high passes my amp provided is amazing.

My sub is out. I have no use for it. Don't get me wrong, a sub will add that "low end" that a 6x9 or 5x7 or 6.5 component just cant hit, but its incredibly close. IMHO i think id have to get a sub that would perfectly match my imaging of my car. Anything else would destroy it. My current one does and its a bit of a higher end....

Simply incredible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am so close to chose a component system and amp. I was looking at the MB QUART RCE-268 REFERENCE 6x8/5x7 components but wasn't sure. I was wondering what people thought of those speakers???? What kind of alpine speakers are you using and what model amp is it?? I really need to get this done, i have an aftermarket reciever and desperately need speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Alpine components i got are discontinued. They do not make 5x7 components any more. Then i got the Alpine SPS-57C2 for coaxs in the rear. I was on a bit of a budget so i spent $250 for the Alpine components including installation, $79 for the coaxs and $189 for the amp. I got the Alpine MRP-F250 to power everything. Works great. Not as high-end as I would like, but it truely does sound awesome. My last installation would be a nice smaller (probably 10") sub that would match up perfectly. My current 12" doesnt.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah the amp has some nice crossover / bass EQ settings that really make a difference in how the components perform. I tried different settings and the difference was night and day. Be suer you test it out to see if it performs to your liking...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just replaced my 12" with a JL Audio 10W3v2 running off an alpine MRP-450... oh la la. very nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.