FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to wire the factory fog lights the factory way? as in through the power distribution box with ford relay and fuses and factory switch ? When i bought the SE i asked for fog lights,, they put in a new switch with the foglight option and put the foglights in but didn't install any wiring ,, they said they can't because they have no kit.. and said its not possible with the computer switching when the highbeams come on, the fogs go out,, Is it really as complicated as they say if i want the factory switch ,, i dont care about the highbeam on fogs out option.

thanks ken :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's total Bullsh*t! Reminds me of the "Wishmaster" movies where, if you were not specific in your wish, you died horrible deaths. Perhaps you needed to tell the dealer than you wanted fully functioning fog lights. I would be mad as hell about this. If your dealer is not going to work with you on this, then you could always purchase the Ford Fusion Factory Manual on DVD from ebay and that disc contains all the wiring diagrams. You should be able to figure it from there an order all the correct wiring harnesses as well. Your fog lights probably would not automatically go off when the highbeams are on, but at least you'd have them working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer has reffered me to a mechanic outside the dealership who has been trying for a month now to get the connector bits that go in the power distribution box, and harness bits ,, or whatever it is he needs to make the kit that Ford doesn't have yet. they have offered to pay for the mechanics wiring i am just wondering what could be so complicated .. i am going to give this mechanic a few more days ,, then i will go to the stereo shop close by who said they could do it to the switch but they wouldn't go through the power distribution box for the relay and fuse ,, they would use aftermarket relays. The mechanic ford refered me to said this can not be done to the factory switch without proper factory wiring . hmmmm ....i don't know much about this switch but its sounding like BS.......a switch is a switch, right ?

The ford dealer makes it sound like a wiring job for NASA ,, they mention the cars computer control of the highbeams on, fogs off, function as being something they can NOT overcome.

Ken

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, if you can run wiring from the fog lamps to the lighting switch (the one the dealer installed with the foglight selection), then who cares if the computer cannot turn them off when the highbeams are being used. By not running the wires through the computer, the computer should not "know" when the fog lamps are being used. Honestly, given the strictness of the '07 warranty manual from Ford, I would be hesitant to do any non-factory mods that might give the dealer a reason to deny future warranty work on the electrical system, should any arise. Yes, there is the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act to "protect" you on paper, but the reality is that YOU are responsible for demonstrating the the non-factory modification(s) are not responsible for whatever problem exists. That means that you will be out $$$ in lawyer's fees, experts to dispute the dealer, and perhaps a rental car if yours will not start or whatever; all this time your car just sits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the Ford dealer is paying for the wiring and its on the bill of sale that the fog lights will be installed i am hoping the warranty will not be void,, they have also told me i will be ok with the warranty,,,,, Today i have found out from the mechanic that the harness bits to complete the job factory stlye are simply not available from any source at ford...The car is just to new i am told .... the next thing he says is to wait on word from an auto salvage yard who he says may have a harness to cut the ends from.

Should have bought the SEL....eh :?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ford should get it's act together. I am in the same boat with my 2006 Milan. I could not afford the Premier with the foglights and they have no kit for them. I am going to purchase a 2007 Honda CR-V for my wife. They just came out Sept.30th. and they have a kit for them already. What gives? It should be pretty simple. Foglights, wiring w/connectors, a relay with a remote turn on/off. Even the Mazda's have them. I put a set in my last car (Mazda 6 Wagon). So come on Ford we want our FOG's. Thank you and good night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts