FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home today on the highway and my auto lamps kicked in and my fog lights were activated, it was still kinda light outside so I shut off my foglights (with HID conversion on them) as they weren't needed. As soon as I shut them off my radio reception was perfect, it had a good bit of static before I shut the fogs off. I then turned the fogs back on and the radio reception got poor again, shut the fogs off and the reception was crystal clear. This was on FM radio. I thought it was very strange.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
You could try installing a parallel-connected capacitor right on your alternator. I've had to do this on heavy trucks before when installing beacon lights. You could hear them whine through the radio before. The beacon lights caused alot of interference, and this corrected it. You can buy them at any decent radio store. Used to be able to get them at Radio Shack, not sure anymore that they are The Source by Circuit City. Be sure to get one with a neg. lead and a pos. lead, this way you can install right to the neg and pos alternator terminals.(The other ones are grounded through the body of the capacitor and are a bit of a pain to mount.) Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts