FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys/girls, I am a big time speed and power freak. I have done up many vehicles in my time. Now, I have a 4 cyl. Fusion. Not exactly the definition of sport, but because of my new circumstances I needed a vehicle for going long distances and getting good gas mileage while doing it, and it has to be a FORD...!!! The question I have is, will the performance parts from the Focus 2.0/2.3L engines and Mazda 2.3L fit to our vehicle. I have seen a bunch of go fast goodies on sites like focussport.com and it gave me a warm feeling knowing there is hope out there. BUT, will those parts fit on my 2.3L engine? The engines look exactly alike, the engines even have the same name, Duratec...WILL THEY FIT...? Has anyone tried yet...?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Someone put a Cosworth intake on a Fusion with some slight modifications. I believe that I saw the pics on this site although I do not know if it was a member's car or not. You probably would not notice much of a difference with just an intake though. I would first suggest an XC2 tuner which I raved about in my post in this forum. It gives you soooo much bang for the buck. I am sure you could use a Focus 2.3 exhaust cam and headers, but I think you will be amazed at the difference in performance with just a good tune. To my knowledge, there is not yet a CAI specifically made for the Fusion 2.3.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
A lot of parts will fit with slight modification, but as for DIRECT fits, you'd have to contact each mfg.

THat being said, if you want mileage... putting performance parts on the car tends to defeat the point ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not necessarily.  Making your engine more efficient only leads to mileage increases.  A high flow intake, exhaust, and performance tune will all lead to better mileage.  Now, its just a matter of how your drive your car once you do those modifications is where you will see the differences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts