FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone tried to install flat splash guards? I've found few posts about molded ones, but not flat. Are they any different in installation? Do you need to put extra holes to install them? Any photos?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Slash guards. Talking about mud flaps? I have seen flat flexible rubber mud flats. They are ugly to me. The plastic ones specified for the Fusion that contour to the shape look better, although they are more expensive.
http://www.partscheap.com/fusion.htm

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I installed the flat ones that have the Ford Logo on my car. I didn't like the ones that said "FUSION" because my thought was "no SH**! I have a Fusion!!" - I like the Ford logo a lot more. Plus, I have had the question asked MANY times "what kind of car is that?" (mostly from Accord and Camry owners who look at my car with a lot of envy). Drilled 3 holes for mounting on both sides and I don't mind the look of 'em at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thereisnospoon,
Do the front ones fit well? I talked to the dealer, and he was not sure if they fit in front. Hope they do...
Don't really want to install the molded flaps; just don't like the plastic rubbing against my paint, especially when there's some dirt and sand between them.
You said that you had to drill some holes. I guess it's for the rear ones only, right?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, dirt and sand will get between any set of mud flaps I think Carlson, as long as your tires are moving, and the flaps should not move if you secure them well. If you drive your car day to day, you might as well get ready for some possible dings and scratches. I have two rock chips on my hood from driving behind other vehicles, mostly trucks without mud flaps. The only thing that would really piss me off if a rock hits my windshield. :x I must get some mud flaps ASAP because there are many scratches at the bottom of my car from the tires slinging up rocks.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I actually didn't install them on the front two wheels - only the rear ones. I actually thought about buying another set for the front two wheels but I've been busy with a couple of house projects lately, and work has been kicking my arse. I might do it, but I'm adding the 3dcarbon spoiler with rear window spoiler.....those are my current car projects as of now.

Since I like to get her dirty, I can definitely see how flaps on the front would cut down on a lot of road cheese on the car - I just haven't had the inspiration to buy another set :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts