FordFusionClub.com banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can try it again today, but on the driver side I already have a wire spliced into the turn signal wire (blue) and it goes to my side mirror, so I cut the side marker ground and spliced it into that wire going to my side mirror. I really just wanted to see if it would look good, I may look like a circus tho when I got o turn on my turn signal with so much flashing!

·
Registered
103 Posts
...? Do i have to take the ground from the side marker and actually ground it to the car? If so that's what I did wrong because I just hooked it up to the blinker wire and that was it :x :x

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok ok, im really not this stupid. Alright, so after I redo the driver side and move on to the passenger side I splice the turn signal wire to the "_______" and ground the negative of the side marker to the car

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Turn signal feed of the passenger side bulb. Basically you only want to tap the power feed for the turn signals so that they will light your bulb when turning only, but not for when you have your running lights on. And no one said you were stupid, questions are a good thing, they prevent you from screwing up ;)

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
hood340 - here's Daniel's reply to my question if the DRL-1 module will work with LEDs:

"Yes. The non-module cross-feed method does not work with LEDs, but the module method works perfectly whether your side markers are bulb type or LED type.

Note that if you want to add a daytime running light function _and_ a flashing front side marker function, you would need two modules; each module can do one job or the other, but not both."

Rob

·
Registered
420 Posts
if you wire the side markers up to your original parking lights like i have my leds, would that make the lights blink accordingly? not having read 23 previous pages of posts

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
dbcoop - with the headlights/parking lights off, my side markers flash only when I use the turn signals. With the headlights or parking lights on, the side markers will stay on and will flash once I use the turn signals. And with the DRL-1 module installed, the side markers will flash synchronously with the turn signals.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone here had an issue with the Smart Junction Box after doing this mod?

I had a problem where the left front turn signal stayed on continuously and the right one wouldn't work at all. Brought it to a dealer and they replaced the SJB.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Morgan - since you have LEDs, the short answer is "no" with using the cross-wire method. I don't remember is someone got it to work with LEDs or not. Looks like you have some reading to do ;-)
are you sure you know what my car looks like? my leds im referring to are the walmart led strips i have sitting outside my headlights as a d-spec headlight replica, wired into the park lamp wires so when i turn the park lights on the leds are on and when i signal it rotates between the park lamp and my leds.. so taking a wire and running it from the side markers to the park lamps in this fashion should work yes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Turn signal wires location

so i was reading the post and people were complaining about the alternating in the front markers and then the rear markers not working when the brakes are applied. If you use 4 relays one at each light you can make it so they are in sync and so that the rear lights stay on while pressing the brakes/turn and still a marker light the rest of the time. On paper it looks good to me so i am going to perform the install and will let you know how it works.

Granted the FREE mod is good but i was full functionality so i am giong to use 4 standard SPDT relay for my mod. here is what i have wrote down. let me know if it makes sense.

EDIT: I ended up using 6 relays. I am going to update the wiring and add the relays.

Left turn signal switch:

pin 85= VIO/WHT from turn signal stalk
pin 86= ignition
pin 87a= NA
pin 87= ignition
pin 30= to pin 86 of front and rear left relays

Right turn signal switch:

pin 85= GRY/YEL from turn signal stalk
pin 86= ignition
pin 87a= NA
pin 87= ignition
pin 30= to pin 86 of front and rear right relays

left front marker:

pin 85= ground
pin 86= pin 30 from left turn signal relay
pin 87a= gry/yel @ bulb (switch side)
pin 87= blu/grn from turn bulb (just extend the wire over. DO NOT CUT)
pin 30= gry/yel @ bulb (bulb side)

right front marker:

pin 85= ground
pin 86= pin 30 from right turn signal relay
pin 87= yel/ppl from turn bulb (just extend the wire over. DO NOT CUT)

left rear marker

pin 85= chassis ground
pin 86= pin 30 of left turn signal relay
pin 87= gry/brn (extend wire from turn signal wire. DO NOT CUT.)

right rear marker

pin 85= chassis ground
pin 86= pin 30 from right turn signal relay
pin 87= ppl/org (extend wire from turn signal wire. DO NOT CUT.)

This is done now and fully functional. the markers are markers like normal and flash with the turn signals at the same time.
Can anyone please help me on where these wires are located in the car?
pin 85= VIO/WHT from turn signal stalk (Left turn signal switch)
pin 85= GRY/YEL from turn signal stalk (Right turn signal switch)

Do you have some pictures?
The above quote is from reply #94.

Thanks.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts