FordFusionClub.com banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote author=Seasonalskier link=topic=53695.msg3690972#msg3690972 date=1276133368]
Its the yellow/brown wire, I was just being lazy. :lol: But you had it correct before, you do not touch the power line to the side marker just the ground itself. So basically just attach the black from the side marker to the yellow/black wire. Another question is have you done any other modifications to the turn signal including replacing bulbs?
[/quote]
Well I wired it the way you guys told me to. The side marker works as just a side marker still and does not blink.....I guess it's just not ment to be lol. I had a hell of a time just trying to get it wired that way so it's just gonna stay that way till it stops working. I used 3 different bulbs so it's not the bulbs that is making it not blink. I'm happy it worked for all of u with no issues but i'm throwing in the towel. Thanks for the help tho!

·
Registered
337 Posts
REBIRTH.

So i'm doing the back lights and its just NOT working .. ive blown 2 fuses so far. Here is what i have.

The rear signal has 3 wires. In order from left to right is : GROUND / 12V / Signal Relay .. and the sidemarker is 12v / ground.

Now to my understanding i have to put the 12v on the SIGNAL to the 12v of the SIDEMARKER , and than take the SIGNAL RELAY off the SIGNAL and put that to the ground of the SIDEMARKER , inturn making it flash when signaled blah blah .. it just doesn't work. Lights on / off doesn't matter .. they don't signal they both stay lit up thats all .. what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
337 Posts
So as stated, i now have the 12v for the sidemarker the way it was and not spliced into anything and the ground for the sidemarker spliced into the signal feed of the signal bulb .. they both light up but its saying i have signals burnt out .. bout to quit!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Note this is for the rear eh .. not the front.

I just put it all back together as i was on my last fuse and didn't wanna run to the store .. and i'm using just stock halogens in the rears

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
So it works when its back to stock correct? If so, and you want to do the mod, disconnect the ground from the side marker, and leave the ground that runs to the car un-attached to anything. Then splice in the bulbs ground contact to the signal feed from the turn signal and that should make it run correctly. Just be sure you are attaching it to the signal feed.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It works at stock .. just the signal flashing and the sidemarker lit up. So what i'm going to do now as per what you said is to splice the ground for the sidemarker into the signal relay ? and leave the other end of the ground attached to nothing ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Gonna go do this now , thanks.

Just when I think i have the basic car electronics system down i go and mess something up haha

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
I remember when GM cars from the late 60's did this, exactly like this. As a kid I thought it was so cool to see the signal lights alternate when the lights were on.

I wonder how this is gonna work with switchbacks?

Edit; lingering comma LOL

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Did all 4 of mine today and added my switchback and load resistors... It all works fine.

Switchbacks look good on this car, the jeweling is real good on the turn signal lens. Makes them look way better than they did on my F-150.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dang i didnt realize people were having issues with the info. Next time drop me a PM and i can provide M1 diagrams and what not.

Happy Motoring

·
Registered
103 Posts
So will this mod not work if you have switchbacks and 2 led strips in the side markers? I just tried to do this mod and I hooked up to the wire I have going to my side mirror flasher and all I got was the switchback staying on orange (not flashing) the whole time and a few of the lights on the led strips to flash...

201 - 220 of 239 Posts