FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this article while looking for foglight/headlight bulbs and ideas. I am going to work on it this weekend to see how it goes. Seems pretty straight forward and should not take too long. This website is great to look through and anwsers many questions about automotive lighting. The link goes directly to the page for the converting your steady sidemarkers to flashing sidemarkers. Check it out!!

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/markerflash/markerflash.html

Wish me luck

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, this worked great!. It took me about a half hour to do both sides. All I had to do was cut the ground lead going to the side marker and hook it into the flasher lead going to the turn signal. I did have have to extend the wire to make it reach but it was super easy.
I think I will work on the rear lights this weekend it should work the same way.

Later!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It should work either way, and anytime you do that. I did it to my Ranger, and it was kinda neat. Never had a problem at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
[quote author=BlackI4se link=topic=53695.msg877139#msg877139 date=1155215328]
I'D LIKE TO SEE A PIC WITH IT ON OR A VIDEO WOULD BE AWESOME.
[/quote]

it's a blinking light, picture it...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Ok everyone here is the video of the year! I did this mod to mine this weekend and it looks pretty good. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact it does not blink the same sequence as the front ones when the lights are on. When I have the lights off the blink just like the front ones. let me know what you think!

Just click the pic!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, when the lights are off, they blink together, and when they are on, they alternate. Looks great, I have to do that.

R

·
0 Posts
It's to damn bad I'm lazy. Otherwise I would do that. AND IM AN ELECTRICIAN! I gotta get off my ass. :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
that would be great to do... except since I have the SE model.. and I really wanted the SEL fogs... I wired the fogs to the side markers... and i definatelly DON'T want any flashing fog lights.. HAHA

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally did the rear lights also. Looks Great and only took about 30 min.

I think you can still wire the fog lights to the side markers even if you mod the side markers to flash.

I am ordering the SE fog light housings today and I will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
112 Posts
[quote author=shofun91 link=topic=53695.msg901724#msg901724 date=1156175209]
Finally did the rear lights also. Looks Great and only took about 30 min.
[/quote]
There are no rear side marker lights so what did you do on the rear?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used the small side lights in the tail light housing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ran into another fusion owner while working today. He saw my side markers flash when i turned into the parking lot. He said "I didn't know that they flashed", and I told him that they didn't come that way. Told him about the forum and that I would help him out if he wanted.

Same offer goes to anyone here that is interested, let me know if you want help with this one!

1 - 20 of 239 Posts