FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 9mo old Milan on Saturday. V6 Premier , Sunroof and most options. Read through most of the forums and learned a lot. I will start with one comment. As with most forums I belon to (Digital Photog. , Home Theater) reports of problems tend to get really skewed. As you probably already know some folks will join a forum just to vent about a problem. This is fine but not true picture of how good or bad a car (or camera) is. I only bring this up because if I had come here first I may have been scared away by stories of Paint chips , bad milage and noisey cars. So prospective buyers , trust your instinct. These are great cars! BTY previous two cars were a 90 Taurus (130000mi) and 98 Mystique - Best car For/LM never marketed. Thanks for the great forum.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congtratulations on the new car, it sounds like you are enjoying it already!

Happy driving.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Parisis,

Congratulations on your "new" (to you) Milan. Sharp car. Welcome to the forum. Is the Premier Milan automatically a V6? How many miles on the car? How many have you put on it so far? Any problems?

We really like everything about our 2007 SEL AWD Fusion except for the in-city gas mileage (14.8 mpg) but I won't go into that here. We only have 3,200 miles on the Fusion since buying it Dec. 4, 2006. A Mercury Milan would have been our second choice.

Actually, the wife really wanted a Mustang but that just was not practical at the present time so we compromised and bought the Fusion ($27,105 MSRP). It has everything but the Sirius radio and navigation system, neither of those options interested us.

Tell us more about your Milan. Enjoy!

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Cueball link=topic=79676.msg1466110#msg1466110 date=1181149468]
Boz, Premier is like SEL. You can get a Premier I4 if you want to just like an SEL I4.
[/quote]

Cool. That's a good idea.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As was said you can get a 4 or 6 in the premium edition. I've only driven a few hundred miles. It was "used" with about 20000mi. Carfax says it was a rental. I only drive @ 6000mi/yr. so the mileage did not bother me. I also keep my cars for 8 to 10 years and try and take good care of them . I think one difference this time is I'm going to leave the audio system alone. I had two head units taken from my Mystique and I am tired of taking the face off a radio each time I Park.

I was actually looking for a Focus because of the mileage but my Mystique was pretty loaded and I just could not make myself go back to a smaller car. It also was the first time I traveled out of my home town to buy a car. The Internet has certainly changed car buying.
I only take my cars to the dealer for recalls and warranty work so it will not be a problem.

I had to chuckle when I read the couple threads comparing the Fusion and the Milan. They got pretty hot and heavy. I actually bought from a Ford dealer so I saw both and I would have been happy with either one. I guess I just like Mercury's because I'm an old fart!

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Parisis link=topic=79676.msg1466930#msg1466930 date=1181170203]

I had to chuckle when I read the couple threads comparing the Fusion and the Milan. They got pretty hot and heavy. I actually bought from a Ford dealer so I saw both and I would have been happy with either one. I guess I just like Mercury's because I'm an old fart!

Thanks for the welcome.
[/quote]
I'm an "old fart" myself and we almost bought a Milan. I like the taillights and rear end of the Milan better than the Fusion but the wife and I both liked the front end of the Fusion (the five Gillette blades) better.

Still, the "waterfall" grille on the Milan is growing on me. The more Milans I see, the better I like them. Too late now. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts