FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased an S model with a 5 speed manual in Merlot Red. Since that time new tires and wheels have been added, the original steel wheels and hubcaps will sit in storage. For anyone interested "Edgeracing".com has some very nice wheel and tire packages. My Fusion now has 17 x 7 Falken Circuit Spec wheels in Silver polished and 225/50/17 Hankook Ventus All Season Ultra high performance tires with a total mounted and balanced delivered to the door price of $ 826.00. Not a bad price for some very nice pieces, I've all ready performed some preliminary modification on the intake tract. The Ford design of the air box can be easily modified to enhance mid range torque as I found out over the weekend on a trip through the Virginia Mountains and Skyline Drive. The current airbox mods allowed for top gear driving through some very steep sections with no need to upshift in most cases. Most upshifts were to help with slowing down the car in some steep hairpin corners. New tire and wheel combo diffinately made the difference in taking some corners at 40 and 50 mph than probably 20-25 with the stockers. I'll post some pictures soon and provide some details of the modified airbox as it all comes together. Future plans may include eliminating the resonator to provide a little more raspy sound. 8)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=33692.msg477213#msg477213 date=1132021127]
I think you're confusing upshift and downshift, confusion :)

Congrats on the purchase.  Be sure to get us some pics!
[/quote]

Thanks for the correction, most of the time I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, thankfully the hands and the feet work automatically when driving.  :slap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
We took the SE we have through the mountains of Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee over the week end. The V-6 with the six speed automatic realy eats up the mountain grades. Handling was perfect. Even on the steep climbs up the small winding roads up to the cabin above Gatlinburg, Tennessee. With six adults on board we were very comfortable. I must say running I-40 down through the gorge was almost as much fun in the Fusion as it use to be in our Accura Integra. This is going to be a fun car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=Sixtythreeandahalf link=topic=33692.msg480068#msg480068 date=1132181444]
With six adults on board we were very comfortable.
[/quote]
Six (6) adults in a Fusion?

·
Banned
60 Posts
[quote author=Sixtythreeandahalf link=topic=33692.msg480068#msg480068 date=1132181444]
We took the SE we have through the mountains of Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee over the week end. The V-6 with the six speed automatic realy eats up the mountain grades. Handling was perfect. Even on the steep climbs up the small winding roads up to the cabin above Gatlinburg, Tennessee. With six adults on board we were very comfortable. I must say running I-40 down through the gorge was almost as much fun in the Fusion as it use to be in our Accura Integra. This is going to be a fun car.
[/quote]
OMG I love it there! Can't wait to tour my Fusion in the area :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.